Suave Professionals Sleek Shampoo  » Cosmetics  »
  • It smelled a bit like coconut and I found that to be rather pleasing
  • The bottle was 14.5 ounces and only cost me a little less than two dollars at Walmart
  • My hair definitely did not look seven times smoother

• by mjcnv36

Suave has recently come out with a line of professional shampoos. Basically, they’ve made imitations versions of shampoos from Biolage, Matrix, Nexus, etc. I have tried several of the shampoos in this line. This month, I tried a whole bottle of Suave Professionals Sleek, which promised to smooth the hair as well as Matrix. The bottle also reads that it is for dry or frizzy hair. My hair is colored, so it is on the dry side, and I do have some new growth that is coming in (I had a lot of hair fall out several months ago, and the new growth is now about two inches long). This new growth is rather frizzy and tends to stand up a

lot no matter what I did to smooth it down. Therefore, I bought this shampoo.

The product looked like your basic shampoo–thick, creamy and white. It smelled a bit like coconut and I found that to be rather pleasing. It lathered well but when I rinsed my hair, my hair felt like it had a residue left on it. This isn’t something I really like and it made me nervous that when I dried my hair it wouldn’t look shiny and it wouldn’t be bouncy. I didn’t want the sleek promises to really mean that it would leave my hair feeling weighed down. I followed the shampoo with the conditioner, rinsed, and then dried my hair with a hair dryer.

• Surprisingly, I liked the results of this shampoo. My hair smelled nice, wasn’t flat or weighed down looking at all. It felt good to the touch and didn’t have any funny build up on it. Despite this, those short pieces of new growth were sticking up just like they always do and my hair really wasn’t left looking any sleeker than it ever did with any other shampoo. I did find that when I used an additional straightening product on my hair, it did seem to work better after using the Suave shampoo. I do like that the price of the Suave shampoo is so cheap. The bottle was 14.5 ounces and only cost me a little less than two dollars
        at Walmart.

According to the bottle, this shampoo is supposed to make your hair up to seven times smoother. My hair definitely did not look seven times smoother. I’m not even sure it looked one time smoother than it did with my last shampoo. But, my hair was clean and felt nice. Therefore, my review is mixed and I can only rate this product a six. But, if you are trying to make your hair smell like you used a Matrix product and you don’t care about sleek hair, then this is the shampoo for you. I will try another shampoo from the Suave Professionals line because some of them have been really great, but I probably won’t use this one again.

The review was published as it's written by reviewer in February, 2011. The reviewer certified that no compensation was received from the reviewed item producer, trademark owner or any other institution, related with the item reviewed. The site is not responsible for the mistakes made. 3128021436410728/k2311a0228/2.28.11