R.E.M. Spring Sprong hair removal tool
0.5
  • I thought it was a rather strange looking thing, a long flexible silver springy-tool that looked like it belonged in a plumbers tool box rather than a cosmetic bag or bathroom cabinet
  • At first, I couldn’t seem to get the hang of it, and I was a little too careful I think because of the threat of pain
  • The other thing I noticed was that it only pulled some of the hairs, and simply broke others close to the skin, which left me with stubble

• by reviewabit

I did not buy this product, but inherited it from a relative. She used it twice, and said it was worthless and she didn’t have the patience for it, and gave it to me. This product is one I was not familiar with until getting it myself. I had not seen any information or ads about it. I thought it was a rather strange looking thing, a long flexible silver springy-tool that looked like it belonged in a plumbers tool box rather than a cosmetic bag or bathroom cabinet.

I read the instructions, wary of my cousin’s warning that it was painful. The packaging called it “painless” but I could not imagine how it could be, considering what it is and what it does. Basically, you lay the tool against your skin where you have extra hair, and twist it around a little. This makes it grab

the hairs and pull them out.

It is said to be a better alternative to waxing or tweezing. I don’t know about that so much. The first time I tried to use it, I washed my face and used astringent, as I had been advised to do. I lay the little tool against my lower chin where I had a few wild hairs that tended to pop up on a regular basis.

At first, I couldn’t seem to get the hang of it, and I was a little too careful I think because of the threat of pain. When I finally got braver and started moving it around, trying to get it to work, I eventually found the method that seemed to work best by twisting the ends in opposite directions while holding it right above the hairy places. When it finally did grab ...

• a few, ouch! This was certainly not painless. It hurt every bit as much as waxing, and although it did a faster job than tweezing because it got several hairs at once, it was still difficult to get larger areas done completely.

Some hairs it simply would not pick up, and I kept thinking to myself “razors don’t pick and choose like this. ” After I got as much done as I could, I noticed two things. One was that my face was just as red and irritated as it would have been from a wax, and much less so if I had used tweezers. The other thing I noticed was that it only pulled some of the hairs, and simply broke others close to the skin, which left me with stubble.

Very not sexy. I got what leftover hair I could with tweezers, but some of them were

broken so close that I could not get hold of them and simply had to wait for them to grow out again. This was annoying. I put on some moisturizer, and went to bed.

I had assumed that the redness would be gone by morning, that’s why I chose to try it first at night. In the morning, I looked like I had slept in full sunlight with no protection. It took three days for my facial color to go back to normal. Obviously, this product did not meet my standards.

I told my cousin she could have it back, but she did not want it. I didn’t want to subject anyone else to it, so I just stuck it in the closet and that is where it remains, unless I ever have the need for something to torture someone. I do NOT recommend this product.

The review was published as it's written by reviewer in February, 2011. The reviewer certified that no compensation was received from the reviewed item producer, trademark owner or any other institution, related with the item reviewed. The site is not responsible for the mistakes made. 3428021436310728/k2311a0228/2.28.11