Rimmel London Metallic Eye Gloss  » Cosmetics  »
  • It does feel lightweight which I like, but it doesn't completely stay in place the way I would like it to
  • I don't know if they tried to add a fragrance to this product or not, but it just does not have the best scent
  • It does create a very dramatic look which I love, especially for going out to parties
  • I think Portabello is a really gorgeous champagne colored eye gloss

• by Intensify

I recently purchased the Rimmel London Metallic Eye Gloss from Walgreen’s. It is basically like an eye shadow product that is supposed to give a really shimmery metallic color. It claims to be very creamy and lightweight. It comes in two formulas but they are pretty much the same in terms of function. The difference is their base. One is mineral oil based and the other petrolatum based. They do feel creamy and are supposed to stay free from creasing and also stay moist. To me, they look more shiny than they do metallic. I would rather more of a

shimmer, but it does look pretty when paired with other eye products. I still do notice some smearing and slipping of this product. It does feel lightweight which I like, but it doesn’t completely stay in place the way I would like it to. With more staying power, this would be a much better product.

I do not like the smell of this product at all. I can’t really describe it, but it just bothers me. I don’t know if they tried to add a fragrance to this product or not, but it just does not have the best scent. I ...

• purchased this product in “Equinox” which is a black shade with silver shimmer. It does create a very dramatic look which I love, especially for going out to parties. However, the look is only dramatic for a little while. As I mentioned before, this product has no staying power and fades fast. It creases so much! If I wanted this to look good throughout the night, I would have to reapply it many times. There are a variety of really pretty shades. I think “Portabello” is a really gorgeous champagne colored eye gloss.

One thing that I have noticed about

this product that I like is that it doesn’t only have to be used on the eyes. I have used the champagne shade across my cheekbones and it works as a great highlighter. I guess this “eye gloss” is actually more like two products in one if used the right way. Overall, I have to give the Rimmel Metallic Eye Gloss a rating of a 7 out of 10. It’s good while it lasts, but it does not last long. It needs more staying power and more shimmer, but other than those two things, it is a pretty decent product.

The review was published as it's written by reviewer in February, 2011. The reviewer certified that no compensation was received from the reviewed item producer, trademark owner or any other institution, related with the item reviewed. The site is not responsible for the mistakes made. 3128021435850628/k2311a0228/2.28.11