Rimmel London Eye Magnifier Eye Opening Mascara  » Cosmetics  »
  • Even though I like the way my lashes look with this mascara on, I do not like the way they feel at all
  • Another thing that I dislike is the applicator itself
  • This definitely helps prevent the user from overdoing it and adding too much mascara, but it makes the mascara application process slightly tedious
  • Unfortunately, it is just not as impressive as other Rimmel London mascara products like the Sexy Curves mascara

• by Intensify

I probably buy a new mascara product once every two weeks. Though that is a little bit excessive by most girl’s standards, I have an obsession. My most recent purchase is the Rimmel London Eye Magnifier Eye Opening Mascara. The black and red packaging really caught my eye on the shelf. Plus, I was already a huge fan of the Rimmel London Sexy Curves mascara so I figured that another Rimmel London mascara product would be similarly impressive.

The Rimmel London Eye Magnifier Eye Opening Mascara claims to “vertically life lashes 70%.” Although I can’t measure by which percentage my lashes are “vertically lifted,” I

do notice a much more dramatic, wide eyed look. My eyes look larger and more open. It does a good job of lengthening the lashes and giving a very intense look. It does not give as wonderful a look as the Rimmel Sexy Curves mascara, but it is comparable. Another positive is that this product is very easy to remove. Some mascara products are very stubborn, even with good makeup remover. This came right off without much trouble.

I do have a few complaints about this product. Even though I like the way my lashes look with this mascara on, I do not like the way ...

• they feel at all. This mascara dries out way too quickly. I don’t know if it’s something about the formulation or the ingredients, but this product just does not feel great on the eyes. I do notice a little bit of clumping with any more than two coats so it is not as buildable as I would like it to be. Another thing that I dislike is the applicator itself. There are barely any bristles on the brush so it is extremely hard to apply very much product with each swipe. This definitely helps prevent the user from overdoing it and adding too much mascara,
        but it makes the mascara application process slightly tedious. The wand is just very stiff and not easy to use. I would probably much prefer this mascara if they redesigned the wand itself.

Overall, I have to give the Rimmel London Eye Magnifier Eye Opening Mascara a rating of a 6 out of 10. Unfortunately, it is just not as impressive as other Rimmel London mascara products like the Sexy Curves mascara. While it gives a nice look, it just does not feel great on the lashes at all. I probably will not continue to purchase the Rimmel London Eye Magnifier Eye Opening Mascara in the future.

The review was published as it's written by reviewer in February, 2011. The reviewer certified that no compensation was received from the reviewed item producer, trademark owner or any other institution, related with the item reviewed. The site is not responsible for the mistakes made. 3128021435840628/k2311a0228/2.28.11