Quantum Health Canker Cover Canker Oral Canker Sore Patch
  • I went to the pharmacy to buy some wax (usually used for braces) to try to put a buffer between my tooth and the sore but instead I found these canker covers and decided to try them out instead
  • I paid $8.99 for them and that was a sale price
  • I love these things, however, next time I have to use one I will likely use it during the night while I am sleeping so I don't have to deal with the gel stuck to the inside of my mouth

• by jenn1982

This product is not only a great idea but is awesome. It worked great for me. I bit the side of my cheek while eating one day and within 48 hours I had developed a horrible canker sore. It hurt to eat and talk. One of my back teeth rubbed against it every time I moved my mouth or jaw even the slightest bit. I tried three different numbing medications and none of them made it any easier to eat or talk with.

I went to the pharmacy to buy some wax (usually used for braces) to try to put a buffer between my tooth and the sore but instead I found these canker covers and decided to try them out instead.

They

were pricey. I paid $8.99 for them and that was a sale price. It comes with six so they average about $1.50 a tablet. But well worth it definitely.

It is a white tablet, about the size and look of an asprin, but has one side that has an orange substance on it. The idea is to put the white side on the top of the canker sore and it immediately sticks to your skin. And it did stick immediately. I tried repositioning it seconds after putting it on and there was no hope of that, it was stuck there. The box tells you not to try removing it.

It somewhat stung a bit in the beginning because it releases a pain ...

• relieving medication but after that it basically just tasted kind of minty the rest of the time.

Within about 30 minutes of putting it on, it began to turn into a clear gel. After that point, the sore did not hurt anymore. It was completely covered by the gel. The gel expands which is good and bad. It is good because it covers the whole sore area, but bad depending on where the sore is because it may stick out far and feel strange when you are trying to eat (which is what happened in my case), or if it is on your lower or upper lip I would imagine people would notice it when you talk.

The whole patch dissolved after

about 8 hours and even then I didn’t have any pain. I figured it was because the medicine in the patch still had it feeling numb. But then I went to bed and when I woke up the next morning I still didn’t have any pain. As the day went on, it became a little bit sore, but more of a nuisance than actual hurting. Now, two full days after using it, it is almost completely gone and I have absolutely no pain at all.

I love these things, however, next time I have to use one I will likely use it during the night while I am sleeping so I don’t have to deal with the gel stuck to the inside of my mouth.

The review was published as it's written by reviewer in February, 2011. The reviewer certified that no compensation was received from the reviewed item producer, trademark owner or any other institution, related with the item reviewed. The site is not responsible for the mistakes made. 2628021435820628/k2311a0228/2.28.11