Movie : We Were Soldiers (2002)  » Movies  »
  • Chris Klein also surprised me and this is certainly the best role I've ever seen him take on
  • I think the way this film portrays war is as good as any other I've seen in the past, there's no glorification and when the scenes change from the war, back to America and you see all of the wives and families receiving telegrams telling them that their husbands and fathers have been killed it really is a moving image that helps to show how widely war can affect things

• by ZEEZEEDawson

Ahh.. It’s such a shame that everybody is harping on about Mad Mel being insane ans things like that, because truthfully his legacy in film is one of the greatest of all time. with films like MAD MAX, THE PATRIOT, DIE HARD and many others already under his belt, in 2002 he starred in the Vietnam war flick We Were Soldiers, a movie that tells the tale of a soldier brigade

that is tricked into infiltrating a Vietnam soldier main base where they find themselves ridiculously outnumbered.

I’ve seen a lot of movies based around things that happened in the Vietnam war, but We Were Soldiers would have to be one of my favorites of all time. As well as a great performance from Mel Gibson, I also thought that the supporting cast was excellent. I loved Greg Kinnear’s character SNAKE ...

• as a helicopter pilot that goes above strict orders and uses his flight skills to get wounded soldiers to safety. Chris Klein also surprised me and this is certainly the best role I’ve ever seen him take on.

I think the way this film portrays war is as good as any other I’ve seen in the past, there’s no glorification and when the scenes change from the war, back to America

and you see all of the wives and families receiving telegrams telling them that their husbands and fathers have been killed it really is a moving image that helps to show how widely war can affect things.

Some of my favorite war movies are THE THIN RED LINE and SAVING PRIVATE RYAN, but if like myself, you like these films do yourself a favor and seek out a copy of We Were Soldiers.

The review was published as it's written by reviewer in February, 2011. The reviewer certified that no compensation was received from the reviewed item producer, trademark owner or any other institution, related with the item reviewed. The site is not responsible for the mistakes made. 1127021435490528/k2311a0227/2.27.11