Ghost Hunters TV Episode: Haunted Town  » TV  »
2.5
  • Even though it would be nice to see some actual evidence from time to time, some of the best stuff from this series is from them debunking claims
  • And, I think they made a legitimate effort to do that this time around
  • I know I wouldn't mind staying at the one hotel for a night or two (or a week)
  • It used to be, if they caught a voice on a recorder, it was pretty clear (I still remember the one episode where they heard something say I like the one in the hat )
  • I would not recommend watching it and I'm giving serious consideration to skipping future episodes

• by Review Vigilante

Synopsis: TAPS investigates three reportedly haunted buildings in the city of Alexandria, Louisiana and the later gives their reveal in front of a community gathering. What I liked about this episode: Even though it would be nice to see some actual evidence from time to time, some of the best stuff from this series is from them debunking claims.

And, I think they made a legitimate effort to do that this time around; especially

Dave and Steve when they were trying to figure out why people would claim to see shadows up on a balcony and would claim to have been tripped down stairs.

The buildings they investigated were also pretty cool.

They looked very historic and the architecture was actually pretty astounding.

I know I wouldn’t mind staying at the one hotel for a night or two (or a week).

What I didn’t like about this episode: ...

• Once again, the evidence was seriously lacking.

It used to be, if they caught a voice on a recorder, it was pretty clear (I still remember the one episode where they heard something say “I like the one in the hat”).

Now, it is a bunch of noise that you have to pretend is a voice to actually hear words.

Also, I think the team seems to be going through the motions a bit.

This is espeically true of Steve and Dave, who used to joke around every investigation and now just seem to do it as a chore (while waiting to leave for their own show).

My Final Opinion: I think this series has been going downhill a bit for some time now and this episode did nothing to convince me this new season is going to be any better.

I would not recommend watching it and I’m giving serious consideration to skipping future episodes.

The review was published as it's written by reviewer in February, 2011. The reviewer certified that no compensation was received from the reviewed item producer, trademark owner or any other institution, related with the item reviewed. The site is not responsible for the mistakes made. 1027021435260528/k2311a0227/2.27.11