Sony HDR-CX 110 Camcorder
  • I own the Sony DSC-T900 Cybershot and that little camera has given me great service with high quality digital pictures and is the reason I decided to purchase the Sony HDR-CX 110 when I needed a new camcorder
  • Yes, it does record quality video however I found that the image quality did suffer in low light and even in bright light when there is direct glare on the lens, such as in sunlight
  • It will not take professional quality video even though it records in hgh definition so this is a factor to consider before purchasing

• by EJ

The Sony HDR-CX 110 Handycam camcorder is one of the latest in the range of small but powerful camcorders from Sony. I own the Sony DSC-T900 Cybershot and that little camera has given me great service with high quality digital pictures and is the reason I decided to purchase the Sony HDR-CX 110 when I needed a new camcorder.

The HDR-CX 110 can record high definition videos in 2208×1244 resolution which is impressive for a

camcorder of this size. Yes, it does record quality video however I found that the image quality did suffer in low light and even in bright light when there is direct glare on the lens, such as in sunlight. This creates a bit of a lens flare or light bloom effect that might end up obscuring your footage or creating an unwanted distraction in the video. The Handycam also takes still pictures at 3MP resolution ...

• which is a little low quality for my taste so you will still need a dedicated still camera to capture high quality pictures. By now these camcorders should have much higher resolution still camera capabilities. I suppose its a trade off though for having a compacy digital video camera that is capable of high definition video recording.

The Sony HDR-CX110 is small and light and is very comfortable to carry around and hold in your

hand, especially if you are recording continuously for a long period of time. The unit comes with 8gb internal storage but this can be boosted to 32gb with an additional memory card. The HDR-CX110 is fairly cheap for a high definition camcorder and worth the money if you are shopping on a budget. It will not take professional quality video even though it records in hgh definition so this is a factor to consider before purchasing.

The review was published as it's written by reviewer in February, 2011. The reviewer certified that no compensation was received from the reviewed item producer, trademark owner or any other institution, related with the item reviewed. The site is not responsible for the mistakes made. 1627021435220528/k2311a0227/2.27.11