Zyrtec (Cetirizine)
0.5
  • Stopping my regimen was the best thing that had ever happened

• by Annieoakley

The promise: no more sneezing, runny noses, or itchy eyes! A cure for hay-fever! This sounds great, so what could possibly go wrong? Nothing! Well, that is the problem. “Nothing” is exactly, and dangerously, what your body is doing to protect you from the world while Zyrtec is present in your system.

When your body turns off the natural defenses against irritants and external threats, there is a significant price to

pay.

When we are talking about allergens, reactions that your body has happens on 3 levels; mechanical, electrical, and chemical.

Mechanical or chemical happen initially due to an irritant entering the body, followed by the electrical signals through your nervous system that act as a security system for your body, followed by the mechanical or chemical actions signaled by your brain to commence ridding you of said threat.

When this doesn’t happen, it is because something is blocked from being able to receive these vital signals.

I absolutely loved my one summer of daily pill-popping that made my eyes quit itching and my nose stop running.

What I didn’t love was the groggy feeling in my head that just wouldn’t go away, and that just starts my love-hate relationship with Zyrtec! It affects the nervous system, blocking normal receptors for indicators that ...

• Zyrtec (Cetirizine)
      would normally be used to rid my body of perceived toxins.

Zyrtec was also blocking my nerves from performing other tasks, such as being able to focus on what was going on around me.

I spent that summer sleeping so much, and my mother was incessantly digging through my room to look for drugs.

I could never remember where I put something when I cleaned the house, and would more often

than not find things in places that didn’t make any sense, like a remote control in the refrigerator.

Zyrtec left me in the worst mental state I have ever been in after three months of use.

When I finally stopped taking Zyrtec, I had to wait another 3 and a half weeks before I could remember what time I was supposed to be at work.

Stopping my regimen was the best thing that had ever happened.

The review was published as it's written by reviewer in February, 2011. The reviewer certified that no compensation was received from the reviewed item producer, trademark owner or any other institution, related with the item reviewed. The site is not responsible for the mistakes made. 2627021435140528/k2311a0227/2.27.11