Suncoast Gold Wasabi Macadamias
Suncoast Gold Macadamias (AUST) Limited, Drummond Drive, Gympie, QLD 4570 Australia
  • I love Japanese food that the love translates to love of wasabi
  • However, the heat of the wasabi adds more adrenalin to the drama in the tv program so that little did I know that I have been eating more than I should
  • My regret is that this brand of macadamias is not available locally

• by Ninrec

I love Japanese food that the love translates to love of wasabi. But how does one react to wasabi in macademia nuts? Doesn’t it sound strange?

Strange or not, it is here, the Suncoast Gold Wasabi Macadamias made by the Suncoast Gold Macadamias (Aust) Limited, Drummond Drive Gympie, in Queensland, Australia.

My eyebrows were raised the first time I opened my pack of this exotic flavored macadamias. The twin pack comes with a bag of ordinary salted macadamias and this wasabi macadamias with 12oz each. Since I am used eating

the ordinary salted ones for a long time already, I am really intrigued by the other one. I expected my tongue to get burned by the heat of the wasabi, but to my surprise, it is pleasant to my taste buds. Maybe my taste buds are accustomed to the heat of the wasabi since my husband and children nearly had the worst coughs of their lives when they tasted the macadamias. Although I have to say that the elegant macadamias are somewhat overpowered by the wasabi.

With the bag of the ...

• wasabi macadamias at hand, I began to dip into this expensive nuts. Obedient to my doctor, I only got a handful of the nuts. But as I watch one of my favorite tv programs, I savored the taste of my favorite foods with a bonus to it, nuts Japanese style. The crunchiness of the nuts is music to my ears and a delight to my tummy. However, the heat of the wasabi adds more adrenalin to the drama in the tv program so that little did I know that I have been eating more than I should.
        As the tv program comes to an end, the pack is also nearing the end. Once you have the hang of the taste, it becomes addictive. I am now looking forward to having another pack of this gloriously hot wasabi macadamias.

My regret is that this brand of macadamias is not available locally. I have looked for it in the imported sections of some supermarkets in Metro Manila, but to no avail. Well, I guess I just have to ask my relatives down-under to send some packs to me soonest.

The review was published as it's written by reviewer in February, 2011. The reviewer certified that no compensation was received from the reviewed item producer, trademark owner or any other institution, related with the item reviewed. The site is not responsible for the mistakes made. 2727021435060428/k2311a0227/2.27.11