Big Book of Drawing  » Art  »
12155 Tech Center Drive, Poway
  • What I think is really cool about this book is that it doesn't just explain how to draw something it shows you step by step how to do it
  • I would recommend this book to people who have some experience drawing because it focuses on some harder techniques and can be frustrating if you have never drawn before

• by californiagirl2011

I received the Big Book of Drawing as a Christmas present and I absolutely love it. I have always loved to draw and my mom was an artist so I would say I have some artistic ability but still need some help improving some of my drawing techniques.

Rather than paying money for classes my mom bought me this book which has really helped me out.

It is divided into different sections showing different ways to draw things such

as landscape, peoples facial features,and animals.

What I think is really cool about this book is that it doesn’t just explain how to draw something it shows you step by step how to do it.

For me and I’m sure for all artists this is important because I’m a very visual learner and to see these techniques step by step helps me improve my drawing so much more.

One thing this book helped me out the most with is ...

• drawing peoples facial features which most artists would say is the hardest thing to draw.

Although I dont have much to complain about I wish it showed more in the book on how to put all of the facial features on a face proportionally.

Another benefit of this book though is in the final pages it demonstrates how to sketch which can be important when trying to capture an object quickly that doesn’t stay still.

I would recommend this book

to people who have some experience drawing because it focuses on some harder techniques and can be frustrating if you have never drawn before.

One thing I admire a lot about this drawing book is it takes the time to show how to draw landscape images and express different value scales into these images.

One of my favorite things to draw is landscape so for the book to provide how to improve drawing landscape is something that really benefited me.

The review was published as it's written by reviewer in February, 2011. The reviewer certified that no compensation was received from the reviewed item producer, trademark owner or any other institution, related with the item reviewed. The site is not responsible for the mistakes made. 1827021434960428/k2311a0227/2.27.11