Game : God Of War - Ghost Of Sparta (PSP)  » Games  »
  • But where the game really shines is in the little tweaks to the game-play that I really enjoyed a lot

• by ZEEZEEDawson

Ever since I got my Xbox 360 my complete fanboyism toward all things Sony slowly waned away. See, before the 360 I was a massive supporter of the original playstation and the playstation 2. When the playstation 3 was released the simple fact was that I just couldn’t afford one. I eventually did get one though and even though I would say I’m closer aligned to my Xbox than anything else, the God Of War series has always been one that I have followed with a passion.

When I heard that there was a God Of War game coming out on the

PSP called Chains Of Olympus I was very excited and bought it on release day. That game was pure awesome and I really didn’t think that Ghost Of Sparta could possibly improve at all. Boy was I wrong!!!! Ghost Of Sparta is the game all hand-held games should aspire to be like. Much of the allure that made the first portable entry into the series had been brought across for the latest one, but it’s the small additions here that really put it a cut above the rest.

For starters, the graphics have been yet another small upgrade, which makes this ...

• game look at last as good as anything the playstation 2 had to offer and goes a long way to showing what the machine is capable of. But where the game really shines is in the little tweaks to the game-play that I really enjoyed a lot. There is a bit of a stronger element of melee combat on offer here, and while wildly swinging your weapon will still produced the same awesome results as usual, you can also do things like grab enemies and beat them senseless with your own two hands. It may not sound like that much of a
        big deal, but trust me when I say it really is a whole lot of fun devouring your opponents in this fashion.

I really enjoyed the fact that the game expands on the story-line of the main games in the series, and if you like old fantasy tales this is one to surely follow. With the looming release of the new hand-held from Sony, all of the games on the original platform have been drastically reduced in price. What that means is if you have yet to play this excellent game there is no time like the present to go and buy yourself a copy.

The review was published as it's written by reviewer in February, 2011. The reviewer certified that no compensation was received from the reviewed item producer, trademark owner or any other institution, related with the item reviewed. The site is not responsible for the mistakes made. 2827021434900428/k2311a0227/2.27.11