Hillshire farms Deli Meat Turkey Ultra Thin  » Food  »
  • It was one of my regular purchases when doing my weekly shopping as it is both extremely convenient to have and quite delicious to boot
  • I am a stickler when it comes to the proportions of my sandwich and the thinner the slices of meat the easier it is to achieve that perfect ratio of sandwich meat to cheese to veggies etc. Hillshire Farms Deli turkey meat is indeed very thin and easy to eat, either in a sandwich, or just by themselves as a delicious snack
  • My one big issue with this product was its rather expensive price tag
  • There are also several flavors to choose from, which I enjoyed, such as honey roasted, smoked, and mesquite, the latter being my favorite
  • Overall, a decent product, however there are probably similar alternatives that will cost you less money

• by Agoobacha

Although I am a vegetarian and can no longer indulge in the pleasures of lunchmeats, I spent years devouring Hillshire Farms Deli Turkey Meat. It was one of my regular purchases when doing my weekly shopping as it is both extremely convenient to have and quite delicious to boot.

What initially attracted me to this product was the promise of ultra thin slices, something that I am always on the lookout for. I am a stickler when it comes to the proportions of my sandwich and the thinner the slices of meat the easier it is to achieve that perfect ratio of sandwich meat to

cheese to veggies etc. Hillshire Farms Deli turkey meat is indeed very thin and easy to eat, either in a sandwich, or just by themselves as a delicious snack.

My one big issue with this product was its rather expensive price tag. At nearly $5 I expect there to be quite a bit of meat that will hopefully last me the week, however this was rarely the case with Hillshire Farms Deli turkey meat; the only way this would last me a week is if I ate it sparsely and conservatively, not something I want to do with turkey, the most common sandwich meat! To be ...

• fair you can clearly see how much you are getting as the packaging is translucent and the little pouch of turkey looks anything but plentiful, but being that these slices are so thin, I was hoping they were just closely condensed. This was not the case.

Another thing that got to be slightly troublesome was how slimy the turkey got in the packaging. After a day or so of being opened, the meat began to get shiny and greasy, not something that I look forward to in my sandwich. The turkey still tasted totally fine, just was not very appetizing when being prepared.

On the

plus side, this is a product that can be used with a great amount of versatility. As I mentioned before I used the turkey to make sandwiches, eat as a standalone snack, in other cases I made delicious turkey melts on a pita, or even threw it in a wrap with some veggies. Because this product is so thin, it lends itself to some culinary creativity. There are also several flavors to choose from, which I enjoyed, such as honey roasted, smoked, and mesquite, the latter being my favorite.

Overall, a decent product, however there are probably similar alternatives that will cost you less money.

Joseph says :

I bought this product from BJs, and right after fighting to open the damn package,I found that the turkey was slimy.So much so that I didn’t want to eat it.Thought I would try again,but the slimyness just grossed me out,and I threw it away.I will Never buy it again..Soooo nasty.

agoobacha replies :

Exactly, this was a very processed product which is why eventually I did not want to purchase it.

karen stoernell says :

I purchase hillshire thinly sliced sandwich meat. I do not expect to have the turkey slimy upon opening it. Before I ate it I checked internet and found it to be a problem. I had planned to return it immediately. Hopefully I don’t get sick. If I do I will have infection control follow up on your product. I do not want to be ill. I’m thinkng of taking it back as I feel slime turkey doesn’t feel right.

nitakb says :

Usually any packaged meat that is slimy or discolored, or has random white spots is a sign that it surely spoiled. I once purchased turkey meat from Walmart that was super slimy and smelled like a rotten egg. My mom ended up having runny bowels after eating a sandwich made with the meat, being that she was unaware of the spoiled state of it.

The review was published as it's written by reviewer in February, 2011. The reviewer certified that no compensation was received from the reviewed item producer, trademark owner or any other institution, related with the item reviewed. The site is not responsible for the mistakes made. 2727021434750428/k2311a0227/2.27.11