Cookworks Coffee Maker
  • Because of this, about 7 years ago I bought myself a coffee maker
  • Use the scoop to put the ground coffee in your filter compartment, one scoop per cup is the guidance, but personally I think that makes the coffee a bit strong
  • I know I've only used it once a week for the past 7 years, but has seen me well, especially as it was at the cheaper end of the scale
  • I would recommend this coffee maker to anyone

• by Annabel Roy

If you’re anything like me you like a cup of coffee. Now most of the time I use instant, but I do like a cup of peculated coffee on a Sunday evening with a nice glass of brandy. Because of this, about 7 years ago I bought myself a coffee maker. It wasn’t expensive well under £20, but it has done me proud.

The Cookworks Coffee Maker comes in black and doesn’t look out of place on any kitchen worktop. The unit consists of a water tank and water tank lid, filter holder and filter, coffee measuring scoop and a glass flask. The filter doesn’t need filter papers and the

glass flask is effectively the coffee pot.

The coffee maker is capable of making 12 small 100ml and 10 large 120ml cups of coffee, but you only need to fill the water tank to how many cups you think you need, from 2 upwards. Never overfill the water tank. Use the scoop to put the ground coffee in your filter compartment, one scoop per cup is the guidance, but personally I think that makes the coffee a bit strong. I normally use 3 heaped scoops for 4 large120ml cups of coffee.

In order to keep your coffee hot after brewing, you must leave the coffee maker on so that the hot ...

• plate can keep the coffee in the flask hot. This can be left for as long as you wish once the coffee is made. The flask can be removed at any time during the brewing process to pour a coffee as the unit is fitted with a none drip system, so whilst the flask is removed the the brewing will stop and will resume once the glass flask is replaced.

For cleaning wipe the main unit with a damp cloth and dry out the water container after use, especially if like me you only use it once a week. The glass flask and the removable filter can be washed

in hot water at the sink. It is recommended to de-scal the unit with cold water and vinegar, especially if you live in a hard water area. Soft water area every 6 months, medium hard water area 2-3 months and hard water area 6-8 weeks.

I think the Cookworks Coffee Maker is a brilliant machine. I know I’ve only used it once a week for the past 7 years, but has seen me well, especially as it was at the cheaper end of the scale. I would recommend this coffee maker to anyone. It is easy to use, easy to clean, looks good in any kitchen and is value for money.

The review was published as it's written by reviewer in February, 2011. The reviewer certified that no compensation was received from the reviewed item producer, trademark owner or any other institution, related with the item reviewed. The site is not responsible for the mistakes made. 5327021434700428/k2311a0227/2.27.11