Olive Garden restaurant  » Restaurants  »
1500 Scranton Carbondale Hwy Scranton PA 18508
  • The waiter wasn't sure if they could do that but when they brought the drinks out sure enough I had a delicious long island iced tea flavored with strawberry
  • They bring out free breadsticks that were amazing
  • All in all I was very impressed with this resturant

• by shaggin83

On February 14, 2011 my friend and I went to this Olive Garden location to eat dinner for Valentines day. We got there around 7 pm and the parking lot was jammed as well as the lobby. The tables were all full and there was an hour and 15 minute wait. The girl at the desk gave us a thing to hold on to that would light up and vibrate when a table was ready for us. She said although the approximate wait time was an hour and fifteen minutes to be back in the area around an hour in case a table became available sooner. We went to Kohls shopping and then at 8 pulled into the parking lot. By the time we got into the building the thing was vibrating and our table was ready.

A woman showed us where to sit and the waiter came

over to ask us what drinks we would like and to offer us a free sample of red wine which I didn’t care for as I’m not a wine fan. My date liked it and ordered a full glass of it as well as two waters for us. I asked for a long island iced tea and asked if they could put some strawberry flavoring in it. The waiter wasn’t sure if they could do that but when they brought the drinks out sure enough I had a delicious long island iced tea flavored with strawberry. All the staff was very nice.

It took my date and I a long time to decide what food we wanted because there were so many delicious choices on the menu. I picked two appetizers. The first being the appetizer and the second being my meal.

The first appetizer I ate ...

• was the Lasagna Fritta. This was mouth watering. It was breaded lasagna pieces that had ricotta cheese in the middle and marinara sauce on top. It was sitting in Alfredo sauce. It was well worth the $7.95. I wish I had ordered two of those appetizers that is how good it was.

The second appetizer I ate was the Smoked Mozzarella Fonduta. The picture on the menu made it look so delicious as well as when they brought the plate out to me. I hated this dish. I didn’t expect it to be spicy at all but it was. It tasted like there was bacon in it but that wasn’t listed as an ingredient on the menu so I’m not sure why it was so spicy. I was really hungry so I ate it anyway but wish I had ordered something else as that was a

bad way to end the meal with an awful spicy taste in my mouth. Thank goodness for that nice cold water to wash it down with. This was not worth $7.35 to me.

The inside of the building was spotless for being Valentines day and having so many guests. Very beautiful. The bathroom was very nice and was also spotless. They didn’t have automatic soap dispensers or automatic faucets which I was kind of surprised about.

They bring out free breadsticks that were amazing. I had to get sauce to dip them in which was a big bowl of alfredo I choose. It was $2.95 for the dipping sauce. That was so good I could have ate breadsticks with the alfredo dip all day.

All in all I was very impressed with this resturant. I would love to go back there again on another date.

Olive Garden restaurant

The review was published as it's written by reviewer in February, 2011. The reviewer certified that no compensation was received from the reviewed item producer, trademark owner or any other institution, related with the item reviewed. The site is not responsible for the mistakes made. 725021434270228/k2311a0225/2.25.11