One-a-Day Active Metabolism Multivitamin  » Health  »
2.5
  • The vitamins came in a bottle of 100 tablets, and cost around $18
  • So, although my experience with this product was not great, there were some things I did like about it
  • I believe it would help with weight loss, although I didn’t end up taking this vitamin consistently every day
  • I think it would be okay for someone who is not sensitive to caffeine, or who is not prone to stomach upset

• by kaygen

I take a multi-vitamin every day as a part of my routine of eating healthy and exercising. I recently had put on a little weight over the winter months, and I was trying to incorporate some healthy habits into my day to lose the extra weight and also boost my energy for my work-outs. So , I switched from my usual daily multi vitamin to One-a-Day Active Metabolism, hoping that it would give me that added boost by increasing my metabolism, as well as giving me increased energy throughout the day.

The vitamins came in a bottle of 100 tablets, and cost around $18. This is pretty comparable to other name brand vitamins that are found at the store. I liked the fact that the product

was rich in all essential vitamins and had a complete list of each vitamin and how much was in each dose.

The first time I took this vitamin, I got sick. I don’t mean just a slight stomach upset, either. I was very sick and it lasted two days. I wanted to give the vitamin another chance, thinking that maybe I had just had the flu and it wasn’t the fault of the vitamin. SO, a couple days later, I took another vitamin and this time I made sure to take it with plenty of food, plus a glass of milk. This time the stomach ache was much less severe, but I still experienced mild stomach upset. The vitamin also made me feel a bit jittery.

• I looked again at what was in the product, and found that it contained 120 milligrams of caffeine. This was too much for me, since I also liked to drink coffee in the morning. So, if I was taking the vitamin, I had to cut way back on my coffee intake. I also could not take the vitamin with my evening meal, or I would be unable to sleep at night.

So, although my experience with this product was not great, there were some things I did like about it. It did seem to give me energy. If you can tolerate a bit of the jitters, this vitamin will keep you going through the day. I believe it would help with weight loss, although I

didn’t end up taking this vitamin consistently every day. I switched it up and alternated it with my other vitamin, just because otherwise the caffeine was too much for me. Another plus is that the vitamin in easy to swallow compared to some huge pills that I’ve tried in the past.

The conclusion for me was that although this vitamin had potential, it just wasn’t right for me. I think it would be okay for someone who is not sensitive to caffeine, or who is not prone to stomach upset. It does have some positive aspects. For me, however, the negatives outweigh the positives with this vitamin, and I will not be repurchasing it in the future. It’s just not worth the jitters and stomach aches to me.

sharon owens says :

re : I think it would be okay for someone who is not sensitive to caffeine, or who is not prone to stomach upset
    I never get an upset stomach unless I have a bug.But every time I have TRIED to take one a day products my stomach hurts even taken after a meal. Could it be the iron or zinc in it ????????

Nicole says :

Usually you want to eat before you take a multi vitamin. I would try a gummy vitamin because they’re usually easier to digest.

The review was published as it's written by reviewer in February, 2011. The reviewer certified that no compensation was received from the reviewed item producer, trademark owner or any other institution, related with the item reviewed. The site is not responsible for the mistakes made. 3425021433850128/k2311a0225/2.25.11