Kensington Expert Mouse Trackball  » Electronics  »
  • I believe my friend knows that I work with computers a lot and got me this
  • By having this track ball mouse, it gets rid of this problem
  • However, I am using it because I like the concept of this mouse
  • To me, I find it slightly more convenient after I get the hang of it
  • I hate that experience and this track ball mouse would be so useful in this situation

• by MisterTickle

The Kensington Expert Mouse Trackball is like no ordinary mouse. I got this mouse as a gift. However, I did a Google search and this mouse costs $119.99. I, personally, feel that this mouse is over priced. I had expected this to be roughly 60 dollars. This mouse is nowhere near what I had expected. I believe my friend knows that I work with computers a lot and got me this.

To start off with, this mouse is pretty unique. It’s in the shape of a square with buttons in the four corners, one in every corner, and a ball in the middle. This mouse has both a PS/2 connection and a USB connection so it’s good to know that this mouse will work on slightly older computers. It has four buttons for to substitute for the left and right clicker. I’m not exactly sure what the other two buttons are. If I were to push them, nothing happens on the computer. I still haven’t figured

this out yet. I opened the box and it came with three items. The first one is obviously the mouse itself. The second one is a wrist rest, which is actually pretty comfortable. The last would be the instructions manual. This manual isn’t too thick so I went through it with no troubles at all. I skipped a lot of pages as I don’t think I need to read how to set this up. I simply plug the cord into my computer port, maybe do some extra mouse configurations in the control panel and that’s it.

Setting it up is pretty easy, but I did get some difficulty using it. This mouse takes practice to use. Currently, I cannot use and maneuver the mouse with ease. This is mainly because I am so used the regular laser mouse where I have to move the mouse around on my mouse pad. For this mouse, it simply stays in one spot. Instead, you move the track ...

• ball on the mouse. As I said before, it takes a bit of practice to get the hang of this mouse. For me, it takes a lot of practice.

I find that this mouse is actually pretty useful in certain situations. If you’re desk does not have a lot of space, it might be hard to move a regular mouse around. You may bump into papers and basically you will be lifting the mouse up a lot. By having this track ball mouse, it gets rid of this problem. The trackball mouse is smaller than a mouse pad so it works great if you do not have a lot of space. My computer desk is pretty free of papers. I have clear surface so using this track ball mouse for this feature is a bit useless to me. However, I am using it because I like the concept of this mouse.

Do not fully depend on this mouse! I tried playing a first person shooting

game with this mouse and it was unsuccessful. It is impossible to play a game with this mouse. It is very hard to aim and control the “cross”. I think this is because of me. I still haven’t fully got the hang of this mouse yet. It really takes some time to adapt to this mouse. In terms of convenience, that would be a personal choice. To me, I find it slightly more convenient after I get the hang of it. For others, it can be totally irritating. It really depends on your personal feelings after you experience the mouse. This mouse should actually be placed in public computer labs such as the library. When there are a lot of computers in a row, there’s not much “mouse space”. This occurs especially when the person next to you places their books or binders next to the computer. You have even less mouse space. I hate that experience and this track ball mouse would be so useful in this situation.

The review was published as it's written by reviewer in February, 2011. The reviewer certified that no compensation was received from the reviewed item producer, trademark owner or any other institution, related with the item reviewed. The site is not responsible for the mistakes made. 1624021433530828/k2311a0224/2.24.11