Film “Frozen” (2010)  » Movies  »
  • I just finished watching this movie and I have to say I was impressed

• by mamjess

I just finished watching this movie and I have to say I was impressed. It bills itself as a thriller and all you know about it from the previews and the poster is three kids get stuck on a chairlift and have to get back alive. I was waiting for some killer to arrive and start hacking them up but it never came.

This was a brilliant choice for the film makers. The whole story is about nature killing people which is a rare choice in filmmaking.

We are so used to there being an actual bad guy or a natural disaster that a string of bad luck that happens to these kids is a real shock and

just as scary as a movie about a serial killer. The film starts out with three college kids who go snowboarding and skiing together.

The mountain starts to close down because of bad weather and these kids think it is a good idea to go for one more run, which is there first case of bad luck. The guy running the lift has to hand the duty off to someone else and it gets shut down with them up the mountain but no one could hear or see them.

Then we see a guy in a car which could have saved him and I thought, yes this is where the killing will begin like it was one of ...

• those camper movies stranded in the woods with no one around, but no, he leaves. I was really shocked when he left and no one died for awhile.

The first death pretty much comes at his own hands. One of the kids thinks wrong that he can jump from the lift and live.

The answer was no, he could not. In a gross but very beliveable scene he falls and snaps his leg bones, then while he is screaming, wolves come and eat him.

Many hours go by and another guy escapes the chair lift and just when you think he makes it, we hear wolves. They did a nice job of not showing us

what happened, we guess nothing good as we don’t hear from him again and many hours go by with the last kid still in the lift.

Brilliant move not letting us know if he is dead or not by the way. So at last, the only girl, ends up out of the lift but with a broken leg and she drags herself down the hill and finds parts of the last guy’s body answering what happened to him, and we see wolves eating him.

In the end the weakest of the three is the only one who makes it out alive. I did not see this coming at all.

I liked this movie and would watch it again.

The review was published as it's written by reviewer in February, 2011. The reviewer certified that no compensation was received from the reviewed item producer, trademark owner or any other institution, related with the item reviewed. The site is not responsible for the mistakes made. 1124021433520828/k2311a0224/2.24.11