I Love You, Phillip Morris (movie)
  • Well, the movie “I Love You, Phillip Morris” was one of them, and I only got to see it a few weeks ago
  • The movie starred the actors Ewan Mcgregor and Jim Carey as the people Phillip Morris and Steven Russell respectively, and I thought that the two played their parts very well even though I have never viewed interviews with any of the two real persons
  • I think that one of the things that caused it to be so hilarious too was how the story was told, for example I couldn’t help but burst into surprised laughter when Steven made the revelation that he was gay

• by Redtape

Recently I have been going through some movies on a blog that a person listed as the funniest movies that they had seen that were released within the past two years. Well, the movie “I Love You, Phillip Morris” was one of them, and I only got to see it a few weeks ago.

The movie “I Love You, Phillip Morris” was actually a romance comedy film based on the famous gay con artist Steven Russell who it was said escaped from prison

many times over the course of several years. The movie starred the actors Ewan Mcgregor and Jim Carey as the people Phillip Morris and Steven Russell respectively, and I thought that the two played their parts very well even though I have never viewed interviews with any of the two real persons.

One of the first things that I liked about the movie “I Love You, Phillip Morris”was the fact that I thought the movie was quirky, hilarious and romantic even though ...

• I am generally not a fan of any type of romance film. I think that one of the things that caused it to be so hilarious too was how the story was told, for example I couldn’t help but burst into surprised laughter when Steven made the revelation that he was gay. It was the way he said it and the scene that came after that had me in fits. I also thought that some of Steven’s “break out of prison scenes”
        were hilarious.

I guess the only thing that I did not like about the movie was some of the romance scenes, and I am not being homophobic, I just thought that they were a bit corny and almost fake.

Nevertheless, I would recommend the movie “I Love You, Phillip Morris” to people who like comedy and romance films. However I think that it might be a bit disappointing for people who like con artist films since it does not show many con scenes in detail.

The review was published as it's written by reviewer in February, 2011. The reviewer certified that no compensation was received from the reviewed item producer, trademark owner or any other institution, related with the item reviewed. The site is not responsible for the mistakes made. 1124021433410728/k2311a0224/2.24.11