Anita Baker (singer)  » Music  »
  • Since they would play so often, I ended up disliking her music then, and also thinking of it as being boring
  • What I like about Anita Baker is that she has a fairly unusual voice, and I am not familiar with musical terms so I will just describe it as being not too high and shrill, and not as deep as Toni Braxton’s either
  • Even though I can remember her being popular in the nineties, I know that a few of her hit songs were released before that
  • Three of her hit songs that I can remember offhand right now include songs such as “Giving You the Best that I’ve Got”, “Sweet Love” and “No One in the World”
  • I recommend Anita Baker’s music to people who are fans of both old and new soul music

• by Redtape

Back in the nineteen nineties when I was a child, Anita Baker’s songs would play a lot on the radio. Since they would play so often, I ended up disliking her music then, and also thinking of it as being boring. However, it has only been recently since I have grown that I have begun to appreciate her music, despite the fact that I am not a fan of R&B and soul music.

What I like about Anita Baker is that she has a fairly unusual voice, and I am not familiar with musical terms so I will just describe it as being not too high and shrill, and not as deep as Toni Braxton’s either. To me, her voice is almost flawless, and when she sings it flows easily.

What I also like about Anita Baker is that she is versatile. This means that while ...

• I have never heard her sing a genre like rock music, or even experiment with reggae, she still sounds just as good singing jazz as she does singing her R&B and soul music.

I would have loved to see her in concert when she was here at the Air Jamaica Jazz and Blues Festival one year even though as I pointed out before, I am more of a rock lover than a soul

fan.

Even though I can remember her being popular in the nineties, I know that a few of her hit songs were released before that. Three of her hit songs that I can remember offhand right now include songs such as “Giving You the Best that I’ve Got”, “Sweet Love” and “No One in the World”.

I recommend Anita Baker’s music to people who are fans of both old and new soul music.

The review was published as it's written by reviewer in February, 2011. The reviewer certified that no compensation was received from the reviewed item producer, trademark owner or any other institution, related with the item reviewed. The site is not responsible for the mistakes made. 1424021433390728/k2311a0224/2.24.11