Candid Camera television show  » TV  »
  • I thought that the concept of it was a bit strange since at the time I did not know that there were those types of television shows in existence in the sixties, seventies and possibly before that
  • I recommend Candid Camera as a great comedy show that can be enjoyed by the entire family

• by Redtape

A couple of years ago when we first had gotten cable television, I my parents had introduced me to an old American prank television show called “Candid Camera”. I thought that the concept of it was a bit strange since at the time I did not know that there were those types of television shows in existence in the sixties, seventies and possibly before that.

Although I was not fortunate enough to listen

to the original “Candid Microphone” which was the original radio show hosted by a man called Allen Funt, however, I was fortunate enough to see the later television series hosted by him and his son.

Unlike a more recent American cable prank television show called “Punk’d”, what I liked about Candid Camera was that it did not just involve playing tricks on celebrities alone , but it would also focus on playing tricks ...

• on the average person for the most part, liker the random person on the street, or maybe sometimes unsuspecting people who might walk into a store. One of the celebrities who both co hosted Candid Camera at one time and was also pranked by it, was the actress Suzanne Somers.

The only thing that I did not like about Candid Camera though was the fact that I do not see it or any newer

version of it being aired on any channel anymore, and so I just assume that it is no longer being aired.

Nevertheless, I still think that the hilarity of people being played pranks on is timeless, and so if and when I ever see any of the older episodes going on I will just watch it.

I recommend Candid Camera as a great comedy show that can be enjoyed by the entire family.

The review was published as it's written by reviewer in February, 2011. The reviewer certified that no compensation was received from the reviewed item producer, trademark owner or any other institution, related with the item reviewed. The site is not responsible for the mistakes made. 1024021433370728/k2311a0224/2.24.11