Icy Hot Vanishing Scent Pain Relieving Gel with No Mess Applicator
  • As I applied the gel, I noticed that it was very thin and slick
  • The gel did not do as good as I thought it would have for pain
  • I think the price is practical, but don’t see myself purchasing this product again

• by adrean_j

I have been recently experimenting with a lot of different muscle rubs. I have been in search for the rub that will take the pain away the most without, hurting my nose. I also tend to try more products that are mess free. One rub that I have tried recently is the Icy Hot Vanishing Scent Pain Relieving Gel with No Mess Applicator. I have used these types of products before and like the no mess aspect, but thought that the vanishing scent aspect would ensure a perfect product.

I purchased this tube for only about three dollars at my local Wal-Mart store. The tube was 2.5 ounces and had an easy to grip pop cap. This product only contains 2.5 percent menthol, which is why the scent is not as strong as other pain relieving creams or gels. The no mess applicator is a white sponge applicator with a hole in the middle where the icy hot gel squeezes out.

As I applied the gel, I noticed that it was very thin and slick. I also got

a good whiff of the menthol scent, though it was not as strong as some other gels that I have used. The gel felt cold against my skin, and also felt very wet. My skin felt a little sticky after application and it took a while for it to dry. It does not dry instantly, and I felt the need to keep my skin from touching anything for a little over five minutes. After drying, the scent does fade away. After 20 minutes there is not lingering scent of ...

• Icy Hot Vanishing Scent Pain Relieving Gel with No Mess Applicator
      it. I applied it without my hands getting sticky and it was nice to apply it and just walk away. I had gotten used to having to scrub down my hands after applying these types of products. The gel did not do as good as I thought it would have for pain. For the first day or two of use, I felt like it was helping with the pain. After that, I noticed that no matter how much I applied, I still had the pain that I was desperately
      trying to escape. The first two days when it did work, I would have to apply it every one or two hours to manage the pain.

I don’t think that this is the medicine for me. I am sure it will work great for those suffering from mild pain, but I need much more than 2.5 percent menthol. It is something that is easy to travel with, and something that can be used when you are out and about. I think the price is practical, but don’t see myself purchasing this product again.

The review was published as it's written by reviewer in February, 2011. The reviewer certified that no compensation was received from the reviewed item producer, trademark owner or any other institution, related with the item reviewed. The site is not responsible for the mistakes made. 2624021432950728/k2311a0224/2.24.11