Aircast Tennis Elbow Support Armband One Size Fits Most  » Health  »
  • When I reactivated the same injury a year or so later, I had lost the original brace so I bought this one at the advice of a friend who had a similar injury once
  • The band actually cost less than the one I had bought for the original injury, which was well made, but did not have an air pillow
  • As I used this brace, I found both pros and cons about the product
  • Overall, I think it is a good brace– but the original brace I had was of much better construction, and I think it would have lasted much longer (had I not lost it
  • I was not able to wash it in the washer, and washing it by hand, I thought I might do it some damage

• by reviewabit

I injured my arm at work one day when a heavy box came flying off a conveyor belt. To help relieve the pain, I wore a tennis elbow brace off and on for many months. When I reactivated the same injury a year or so later, I had lost the original brace so I bought this one at the advice of a friend who had a similar injury once. This device contains an air pillow, which focuses the compression where it does the most good.

The band actually cost less than the one I had bought for the original injury, which was well made, but did not have an air pillow. As I used this brace, I found both pros and cons about the product. It did genuinely help

to relieve the pain.

The place where the air pillow sits is exactly where I needed it to be. After using it for a week, my arms was hurting considerably less. The brace stayed in place really well once I got it situated.

After a couple of months, I found that I could wear it a little bit looser than at first, when my arm started to heal. The plastic parts of it are a bit flimsy. While mine did not break, I was constantly afraid that it would, and so I was overly conscious of “babying” the brace to be sure it did not get damaged.

The velcro strap works fine, but I was constantly adjusting it, because it seemed that I had to make it almost too tight for ...

• it to work. Very often, during the day, I would find that my nerves were becoming compressed as I was suffering numbness, tingling, or just general discomfort. Several times when I had worn the brace for several hours, I would have a strange soreness in the skin right below the brace.

I assume this was from pressure on a nerve, since there was nothing wrong with the skin, and the sensation abated quickly once the brace was taken off. Overall, I think it is a good brace– but the original brace I had was of much better construction, and I think it would have lasted much longer (had I not lost it!) I had some trouble cleaning the item when it got dirty. I was not able to wash it in the

washer, and washing it by hand, I thought I might do it some damage.

I spot cleaned it, but never quite got the velcro parts as clean as I wanted. My other brace could just go in the washer. This product is useful if you need the specific pressure where the air pillow sits– but you might find it too tight, and it doesn’t hold up well under pressure.

I would imagine it would not have lasted long at all had I actually played something like tennis with it on. I would say that other brands are probably more suitable for that. I think the price reflects the quality here.

Although it is a good concept and well designed to relieve the symptoms as needed, it could be constructed a lot better.

The review was published as it's written by reviewer in February, 2011. The reviewer certified that no compensation was received from the reviewed item producer, trademark owner or any other institution, related with the item reviewed. The site is not responsible for the mistakes made. 3424021432920728/k2311a0224/2.24.11