Angel Sales PosturePro Lumbar Support  » Health  »
1.0
  • I bought this product at a discount store, where it had been marked down
  • It was nowhere near enough to compensate for the chairs reclining problem, but it helped
  • I think this product is very, very cheaply made
  • I would not recommend this product to anyone, there are much better alternatives out there

• by reviewabit

I bought this product at a discount store, where it had been marked down. I have an older office chair which really should be replaced. The back of it leans too far back, causing me to tend to lean forward and into a very unhealthy posture, especially for long periods of typing. The support is basically made from wire and mesh, with elastic straps on the back to hold it onto the back of the chair.

I brought it home and slid the straps over my office chair, and sat down. It seemed fairly comfortable at first, and it did add a little bit more support to the chair. It was nowhere near enough to compensate for the chairs reclining problem, but it helped.

After a couple of days, it basically

started to fall apart. First, the straps on the back were stretched out so that it really did not hold the support in place. Finally, one of them broke.

The wire frame began to get uncomfortable, and the mesh was pulling away from the frame inch by inch. Pretty soon, it was just the metal frame which was not comfortable at all to lay back on. The product never really provided enough support for the intended use, so at this point I took it off.

I placed it in the car, to see if I could get a better seating position in there instead. It was even less comfortable in the car, with the frame jabbing at my back all the time. After a couple of drives, I either ...

• got used to it, or the frame bent into a more comfortable position (which is more likely.

) I left it in the car, but I could never really tell that it provided enough support to be helpful. I think this product is very, very cheaply made. The idea is good, but it should have been made with much stronger materials, and at least have been adjustable in some way.

If you weigh over eighty pounds, it is not going to be strong enough to support your back without bending, separating from the frame, or just making you so uncomfortable that you take it off the chair. I did happen to find at least one practical use for it. Since it does make a mesh barrier with at least a

little bit of air circulation, I placed it onto the back of a pool lounger.

I had been having a problem with my back sticking to the lounger, causing some discomfort, annoyance and eventually itching. This support puts a little more air circulation, or at the very least, provides a textured mesh backing for the lounger that prevents my sun block covered skin from sticking to it like an egg to a frying pan. It has also eliminated the problem of a sun block covered lounger that attracts dirt and grosses everyone out.

For this, it has been great. For a posture aid, it was a major fail. I would not recommend this product to anyone, there are much better alternatives out there.

Sometimes you really do get what you pay for.

The review was published as it's written by reviewer in February, 2011. The reviewer certified that no compensation was received from the reviewed item producer, trademark owner or any other institution, related with the item reviewed. The site is not responsible for the mistakes made. 3424021432910728/k2311a0224/2.24.11