Paul Mitchell Tea Tree Lemon Sage Thickening Shampoo Hair Shampoo 10.14 oz
  • I love the clean feeling and gentle tingle on the scalp that it gives, and also the amazing fragrance
  • After I had used it for about a month, I noticed something that ultimately caused me to not buy it any more
  • It was definitely fading out more quickly than it had when I was using other brands
  • This just wasn’t acceptable, and I was very disappointed, as I loved the effect it gave on my hair otherwise
  • I would still recommend this wholeheartedly to anyone who does not use hair color and needs a volumizing shampoo

• by reviewabit

Since I have thinning hair, I have tried many shampoos and different kinds of products to either thicken it or at least make it seem thicker. One of my favorite shampoos has always been Paul Mitchell’s tea tree shampoo. I love the clean feeling and gentle tingle on the scalp that it gives, and also the amazing fragrance. When I saw that they had made a product specifically for thin hair, I had to try it. I asked my hairdresser if it was good, and she said that although she recommended other products first, she had never heard anything bad about the shampoo.

I had a feeling I would like it– so I gave it a try, buying some at a local beauty supply store where I got a much better price. The shampoo comes in a

bottle similar to the regular tea tree shampoo they make, but the fragrance is quite different. You can still smell the tea tree, but the “louder” note is lemon. This is a crisp, bright lemon, muted only slightly by other notes such as the sage, peppermint and tea tree.

The herbal scents are wonderful in your hair and you still get the invigorating tingle. The shampoo lathers easily. After using it, my hair felt squeaky clean. I was a little worried it might be dry from the “extreme clean” that it got, but it turned out to be fine.

In fact, it was voluminous, shiny, and felt light and “fluffy” after I blow dried it After adding a little volumizing mousse, it was even fluffier. The nice clean lemon scent stayed with my hair for several hours.

• For awhile, I was very happy with the results of this shampoo. It reminded me of a shampoo made a long time ago– Faberge Organics Wheat Germ Oil and Honey.

I absolutely loved that shampoo, but they stopped making it long ago. It gave me the same wonderful clean, fresh feeling and luxurious volume. Granted, this was back when I didn’t really need a volumizing boost, but the effect was still impressive. After I had used it for about a month, I noticed something that ultimately caused me to not buy it any more.

My color was fading. It was definitely fading out more quickly than it had when I was using other brands. I wondered if it was my imagination at first, but when I asked several people, they all said the same– my hair

looked a bit flat and mousy in color. It had even seemed to change the hue.

The color I had used before starting it had a lot of reddish-gold tones, and now my hair looked more ashen. I was not absolutely sure that it was the shampoo, so I re-colored my hair and switched to a different shampoo for awhile. There was no change in the color. I restarted using the Paul Mitchell, and within the same time frame that it caused it before, my hair became more ashen again.

This just wasn’t acceptable, and I was very disappointed, as I loved the effect it gave on my hair otherwise. I would still recommend this wholeheartedly to anyone who does not use hair color and needs a volumizing shampoo. It is great– just beware if you use color.

The review was published as it's written by reviewer in February, 2011. The reviewer certified that no compensation was received from the reviewed item producer, trademark owner or any other institution, related with the item reviewed. The site is not responsible for the mistakes made. 3424021432830628/k2311a0224/2.24.11