Bath & Body Works Aromatherapy Bergamot Coriander Energy Body Lotion 6.5 oz  » Health  »
  • It is fresh, invigorating, and definitely worthy of a spot on the Bath and Body Works aromatherapy line
  • I would definitely recommend this fragrance and the line of products it comes from
  • This one is great for the kitchen, or anywhere else you want to have a nice, bright, interesting citrus based fragrance

• by reviewabit

Bath and Body Works is one of my favorite stores in the universe, and I shop there as often as possible, especially when they have their clearance sales. A friend of mine shares this obsession, and recently she gave me one of the product she had bought and decided she didn’t need more than one of. I got her spare bottle of Bergamot Coriander lotion, which according to her, was not on sale, but she bought simply because she had never tried it before.

(And people say I am bad!) This lotion is from the aromatherapy line, which also offers the eucalyptus spearmint fragrance, which is my ultimate favorite. It also has several other relaxing scents, but this one seems to be made to invigorate.

When I first

saw the name, I immediately drew a connection with a scent offered by both Thymes and Pier One’s fragrance lines, which is citrus/cilantro for Pier One’s version, and I cannot remember exactly what the Thymes calls theirs but the fragrances are very similar to one another. It was a clever attempt at cloning the name on Bath and Body Work’s part, because bergamot actually is a citrus fruit, and coriander is the seed of the plant which is known in its green state as cilantro.

Although I was expecting the same sort of scent, this one is slightly brighter and I did not smell the cilantro notes of the other two. (To be accurate, cilantro and coriander, even though they are the same plant, smell and taste different) Still,

• I like the scent.

It is fresh, invigorating, and definitely worthy of a spot on the Bath and Body Works aromatherapy line. The so-called “energy” lotion is contained in the lovely glass apothecary-style bottles that the aromatherapy line uses, with a black pump top.

This line of products, in general, costs more than the basic lines. The scents tend to be a bit more complex, more natural, and more potent.

When I first smelled the lotion, I got a definite vibe from it that it would fit in well with the kitchen. The fresh biting citrus seemed appropriate for sitting on the sink beside the hand soap.

I always use lotion in the kitchen, which is the only way I can keep my hands soft and still manage to do

all the cooking, since I am frequently washing my hands. This lotion turned out to be of a much better quality than the previous one I had in the kitchen.

It is a moisture rich formula that not only scents the hands for hours, but keeps them soft without being greasy or heavy. Everyone seems to like the scent, which meshes pretty well with the lemon-verbena hand wash I have in there.

I would definitely recommend this fragrance and the line of products it comes from. The packaging, scents, and quality of the products are the very best of what Bath and Body Works has to offer.

This one is great for the kitchen, or anywhere else you want to have a nice, bright, interesting citrus based fragrance.

The review was published as it's written by reviewer in February, 2011. The reviewer certified that no compensation was received from the reviewed item producer, trademark owner or any other institution, related with the item reviewed. The site is not responsible for the mistakes made. 3424021432820628/k2311a0224/2.24.11