Tuli’s Heavy Duty Gel Heel Cups (large, 1 pair)  » Health  »
  • This time I bought a brand that is very popular and one I hadn’t tried yet
  • I knew it was time to start treating the problem aggressively, as it can get worse quickly if you don’t
  • Walking was soft and gentle, and I could not discern where the heel cup started or ended inside the shoe, which is an annoying trait that I noticed with a few other brands
  • I would definitely recommend this brand of heel cup

• by reviewabit

I have suffered from plantar fasciitis (heel spur) pain several times in the past and recently it flared up again. I have long since lost the other pairs of orthotics (or worn them out) so I had to purchase a new set of heel cups. My pain was only in one heel, but since the inserts tend to raise your foot a bit in the shoe, you need to wear them in both shoes so you are walking evenly. I have used various brands, both over the counter types and ones made by medical supply companies and specially ordered for me by my doctor.

Both have served me well. This time I bought a brand that is very popular and one I hadn’t tried yet. (Or do not remember trying, it was

a long time ago!) I bought the heavy duty gel cups, which have a waffle type of structure.

After placing them in my shoes, I was at first a little worried that they were too large. I did not realize that with the upgrade to heavy duty, they were actually made a little wider– unless perhaps this company tends to make their heel cups a bit larger in general. It took a little getting used to as it seemed to stretch my shoe a bit at the heel, but actually they were quite comfortable in walking.

When I woke in the mornings for several days in a row, I had to limp and wince from the pain. I knew it was time to start treating the problem aggressively, as it can get worse quickly if ...

• you don’t. I have had times in the past when I had to literally hold onto furniture to walk when I first stood up in the morning.

That is not a pleasant way to start your day. Along with my new heel cups, I started taking anti-inflammatory drugs and using a night splint to keep the foot flexed. If I had not seen improvement in a week, I was resigned to seek out the doctor’s help with a cortisone shot– an unpleasant but very useful therapy.

Fortunately, with thanks to the Tuli heel cups, I did not have to resort to drastic measures this time around. Walking was soft and gentle, and I could not discern where the heel cup started or ended inside the shoe, which is an annoying trait that

I noticed with a few other brands. Another problem I did not have was that the waffle weave of the support did not collapse.

I am very glad I chose the “heavy duty” for this reason. Although in general, other waffle types I have used held up for a long time, eventually they all broke down. This one is still going strong, and I have been keeping it in my shoe for several months now.

I will probably leave the set in until they do finally break down, because not only is it a great treatment for heel pain, it is also a preventative after the pain subsides– it will keep it from coming back. I would definitely recommend this brand of heel cup. It has done a great job of relieving my pain.

The review was published as it's written by reviewer in February, 2011. The reviewer certified that no compensation was received from the reviewed item producer, trademark owner or any other institution, related with the item reviewed. The site is not responsible for the mistakes made. 3424021432740628/k2311a0224/2.24.11