Tri-Rail  » Railway  »
  • Many people traveling to their workplaces use the Tri-Rail system to get to and from work, which is very convenient for many people who don’t have a lot of money, for the fares are reasonable and you have no wear and tear on your car itself
  • I would recommend it anyone who just wants to travel from West Palm Beach to Ft

• by sarahdragon26

The Tri-Rail system of South Florida is thought to be one of the more popular and most used forms of transportation on the Atlantic coast of the Florida. The train itself has stop offs that have city buses pick up at the stations for people who are traveling inside of the city limits. Many people traveling to their workplaces use the Tri-Rail system to get to and from work, which is very convenient for many people who don’t have a lot of money, for the fares are reasonable and you have no wear and tear on your car itself.

For myself, I lived in South Florida for my childhood and most of my adulthood, but had never ridden the Tri-rail before. I had seen it many times while waiting to take the Amtrak train and while driving on I-95, but had never physically been on it.

So, when my son saw the train from his window seat in our car, I promised him that my husband and I would take him on it. He was very excited to actually being able

to get on a real train, even thou he had been on the old-time train that circles Magic Kingdom. The train system goes from upper West Palm Beach to Miami International Airport, but we didn’t go down that far. We only went down to the Ft. Lauderdale International Airport station.

The ride itself was better than I had expected from a double-decker train. I would have thought that it would wobble and shake, but it was surprisingly balanced and a comfortable ride. There are four seats, two sets together and two facing them and so on. With about six or seven sets on each side of the train cars. I have motion sickness, so I was concerned about sitting backwards, but it was very smooth and didn’t trigger anything, which made it all of the more enjoyable for me. The train was going about as fast as most of the cars on I-95, which could be between 60-70 miles per hour, but that was pretty good. There was no slower traffic in front of the train and we didn’t have to wait for ...

• other cars or go around anyone. The train always gets the righter way. And the stops at the train stations ranged from 5 to 10 minutes depending on how many people got on or off.

Sadly, there were a few things that were very inconvenient and very noticeably wrong with the ride. First thing that was very inconvenient and evenly more annoying was that the ticket machines were all out of order in some way. There were four different machines at the first station where we got one and they all seemed to have something wrong with them. Two didn’t expect credit or debit cards and the other two ran the transactions all the way through, then shut down saying they didn’t work. I had to have my husband call our bank to make sure the money wasn’t taken out, since we didn’t take any tickets from both machines. When we told the conductor about the problems, we were allowed to get our tickets to come back at the Ft. Lauderdale airport station. I can’t imagine how troubling that can be during

the weekdays when people are trying to get to and from work.

I’ve ridden on several buses and subways in different cities and one thing that is commonly known is that you remove your bag if someone needs to sit down. Public transportation means everyone has a right to sit in an empty seat. Sadly, when the train started to fill up after we pasted West Palm Beach, a woman in front of us refused to move her bag for an elder woman who wanted to sit down and there was a confrontation between the woman, the elder woman, and several teenagers who were yelling the first woman. The police were called at the next stop to remove the rude woman.

In all, it was a very enjoyable ride and was a very affordable fare. During the weekend, it’s only 5 dollars, which makes a nice day trip. We had a good time with all things considered. I would recommend it anyone who just wants to travel from West Palm Beach to Ft. Lauderdale or Miami without worrying about driving yourself.

The review was published as it's written by reviewer in February, 2011. The reviewer certified that no compensation was received from the reviewed item producer, trademark owner or any other institution, related with the item reviewed. The site is not responsible for the mistakes made. 4424021432270528/k2311a0224/2.24.11