Movie: When in Rome
  • When I read the description of this film, I thought for sure this would end up being a chick flick
  • The fact he also gives some comic relief because of the ill effects of being struck by lightning is also pretty cool in my opinion
  • I didn't think this movie was going to be all that great but it actually ended up being a pretty fun film that was definitely worth watching
  • If you haven't taken the time to watch it, I think you should

• by Review Vigilante

Synopsis: A museum currator, fed up with love, pulls coins out of a fountain, causing the men who threw the coins to fall in love with her. What I liked about this movie: When I read the description of this film, I thought for sure this would end up being a chick flick.

Instead, it was a pretty decent comedy that anyone would enjoy.

The thing that won me over was the fact there were some

pretty funny scenes throughout the film, ranging from a near disaster at her sister’s wedding to a scene toward the end where they are trying to drive through New York City in a blackout.

I especially liked the fact the man that ends up being her love interest is actually a normal, decent person who isn’t the one who screws up (like most men in movies like this).

The fact he also gives some comic relief ...

• because of the ill effects of being struck by lightning is also pretty cool in my opinion.

What really surprised me about this movie was the number of actors in it that I actually recognized, from Danny DeVito to John Heder.

That was pretty cool because I figured this movie would have nothing but a bunch of nobodies.

What I didn’t like about this movie: Overall, the film is very funny with a bunch of suprises

in it.

However, the ending was actually pretty predictable.

I wasn’t half way through the film before I figured out it wasn’t her boyfriend’s chip in the fountain; something that was pretty obvious toward the very end of the movie.

My Final Opinion: I didn’t think this movie was going to be all that great but it actually ended up being a pretty fun film that was definitely worth watching.

If you haven’t taken the time to watch it, I think you should.

The review was published as it's written by reviewer in February, 2011. The reviewer certified that no compensation was received from the reviewed item producer, trademark owner or any other institution, related with the item reviewed. The site is not responsible for the mistakes made. 1124021432180528/k2311a0224/2.24.11