Goldilocks Assorted Polvoron
  • Although I know how to make this concoction, there is a twist to how the company makes this product that is distinctly different from mine or other commercial brands
  • I love cooking and baking and at one point when I was still working at a bank, sold polvoron to my officemates

• by Ninrec

Goldilocks is a famous bakeshop/ restaurant in the Philippines. I have been a customer of Goldilocks ever since I can remember. It was in college days at the University of Santo Tomas that we frequented the place in a street just walking distance from the university. With some extra savings from my allowance for the week, my friends and I would eat special lunch at Goldilocks after the end of the week. What a treat for us back then.

Goldilocks today is synonymous to assorted kinds of cakes, pastries, ensaymadas and anything under the sun for the sweet tooth like me. One of its best sellers is Goldilocks Assorted Polvoron. Polvoron is

a Filipino native delicacy made up of toasted flour, sugar, powdered milk, butter that can be mixed with all sorts of ingredients to make it unique from other manufacturers. The goldilocks box contains an assortment of mouth-watering sweets composed of six flavors.

Although I know how to make this concoction, there is a twist to how the company makes this product that is distinctly different from mine or other commercial brands. I love cooking and baking and at one point when I was still working at a bank, sold polvoron to my officemates. Of course, in every business, there is a secret ingredient and I leave that secret to the proper owner.

...

• The Goldilocks classic polvoron is the first that the store introduced to customers. I am not much into this one as it nearly resembles my recipe. The pinipig flavor is what I am crazy about. The pinipig is crispy and it makes me feel good to taste it so well in my mouth. And since I am also fond of nuts, the peanut and cashew flavored varieties are not left behind. Even though the peanut variety sometimes leave me coughing, I still savor the romance of the peanuts with the toasted flour blended with the right sweetness of sugar and milk with the right amount of butter to hold its shape until it crumbles in my mouth.
        For chocolate lovers, the choco polvoron is the company’s offer. There is really nothing outstanding as far as I am concerned with this choco flavor. But this is my daughter’s favorite among the six flavors. So it is just fine with me, she can have all the choco ones while I have the pinipig, peanut and cashew flavors. The sixth of the flavors is cookies and cream. I like this one occasionally. I am not really sold out on the crushed cookies and cream mixed with the main ingredients.

I usually buy boxes of this polvoron as gifts to my siblings who come home to Manila for the holidays. Mabuhay Goldilocks Assorted Polvoron!

The review was published as it's written by reviewer in February, 2011. The reviewer certified that no compensation was received from the reviewed item producer, trademark owner or any other institution, related with the item reviewed. The site is not responsible for the mistakes made. 2724021432140528/k2311a0224/2.24.11