When in Rome (movie) 2010
2.5
  • I watched this movie because occasionally the girls and I like to get together for some good chick flick fun
  • What I can say is that it was an experience, and incredible just because it was so bizarre
  • But I wouldn't necessarily watch it again, and I'm not sure if I actually enjoyed it or not

• by Laura Gordon

I watched this movie because occasionally the girls and I like to get together for some good chick flick fun. We’d heard this was one of the latest romantic comedies going around, and ‘Rome’ sounded nice and romantic and all that.

At the beginning, the movie seemed typical enough for the genre – I didn’t love the actress, but I let that

slide and decided to give the film the benefit of the doubt and just see where it went. However, as it went on, it got weirder and weirder. The comedy was so incredibly random – which can sometimes be very funny, but in this case I was just lost in it most of the time. The main characters were decent, I suppose, but the supporting roles were just bizarre.

While cheesiness can be good in the case of loving chick flicks for what they are, this was overboard. And the ‘funny’ things the kept throwing in were the kinds of thing that left you chuckling nervously going “um…did that really just happen?!”. Random, outlandish, and far-fetched – and sometimes, just ...

• When in Rome (movie)  2010
      a little bit disturbing.

By the end of the movie, we had accepted the nature of the film and actually gotten to laughing at these aspects, just because they were so ridiculous.

What I can say is that it was an experience, and incredible just because it was so bizarre. But I wouldn’t necessarily watch it again, and I’m not sure if I

actually enjoyed it or not… It does have a good ending, though, and a few endearing moments along the way. I just can’t help wondering who in the world came up with it, thought it was a good idea, and who agreed enough to give it a go and direct and produce it and all that. I don’t know about people sometimes.

The review was published as it's written by reviewer in February, 2011. The reviewer certified that no compensation was received from the reviewed item producer, trademark owner or any other institution, related with the item reviewed. The site is not responsible for the mistakes made. 1124021432130528/k2311a0224/2.24.11