Cookworks Microwave Oven
  • I love my microwave and it wasn't expensive I think I paid about £40 for five years ago from Argos
  • I would recommend this great microwave to anyone is looking for something that is simple to use, light weight and easy to clean

• by Annabel Roy

The microwave oven, what a brilliant invention. I’ve had quite a few since they first came onto the market, some years ago. I remember my first microwave being rather large and cumbersome and expensive. But as the years have past microwaves have become smaller and the prices have become lower.

The microwave I have at the moment is the Cookworks Microwave Oven, model EM717CKL. A lovely white microwave with digital buttons. I’ve had it for about 5 years now and it is still going strong. I use it four or five times a week for things like, baked potatoes, baked beans, porridge, rice, that sort of thing. I’ve never been one

for cooking a meal from scratch in it, however I have cooked microwave meals on many an occasion.

So what does the Cookworks Microwave Oven do and what are the technical bits. The external dimensions are 433mm x 328mm x 258mm, it weighs approximately 9.8kg, the oven capacity is 17 litres and the maximum output is 700w or a D category. It has a glass plate with turntable. It has five power levels from 100% down to 10%. It has an express cook mode for speedy cooking. There is a defrost by weight function as well as a speedy defrost. There are 9 microwave auto functions. 1 Auto reheat, 2 ...

• Vegetable, 3 fish, 4 Meat, 5 Pasta, 6 Potato, 7 Pizza, 8 Soup and 9 Chicken. It can also be set for two stage cooking and there is also a child safety lock function.

The Cookworks Microwave Oven is very easy to use. I probably haven’t used half of the available functions, preferring to set up my own timing and power for things like jacket potato. However food such as 2 minute microwave rice are a doddle. Full power, 2 minutes, press start, job done.

Because of it’s light weight the Cookworks Microwave Oven is easy to move around and sits neatly on any work surface near an electrical socket.

It fits nicely into a large or no so large kitchen as with it’s small dimensions it doesn’t take up much space. It is easy to wipe clean both inside and out with a damp cloth and the glass plate and turntable mechanism can be removed for cleaning.

I love my microwave and it wasn’t expensive I think I paid about £40 for five years ago from Argos. It came with a 1 year Argos guarantee, but I didn’t need to use it. I would recommend this great microwave to anyone is looking for something that is simple to use, light weight and easy to clean. Well done Cookworks.

quick note by anonymous :

Hi there, is there a grill along with this model? I recently moved to a house which has this microwave and it has a grill but can’t find the grill button on the microwave. Would you be able to help me figure out how to use the grill. TIA

Jules says :

This particular model did not come with a grill. You will need the mmodel for your grill

Kaylie says :

Hi I have just had one of these microwaves given and haven a clue how to set it for a certain time ie. 2.00mins I can only get the preset ones to work but the times are always too long would love some help thanks :)

Ann says :

Hi Kaylie, I will try to help. Press the ‘power level’ button at the top, press once and this will give you full power, as you keep pressing you will see the power levels change. Assuming you require full power which most things do, as I say press once, then by using the number keys just press 200 and it will come up as 2.00 mins and then press start at the bottom. Be careful not to add too many noughts otherwise you will end up with 20 minutes.

If you want to check your food just open the door this will stop the cooking, when ready shut the door and press start again and cooking will resume.

I hope that helps, it should tell you all this in the manual, unless of course that has been lost

Kind regards
    Ann

Kaylie says :

Ah Thank you I’ve been trying to work it out for hours with no luck thanks for your help :)

Ann says :

Hi again Kylie, glad to have been of help, if you need any more just ask. Kind regards Ann

The review was published as it's written by reviewer in February, 2011. The reviewer certified that no compensation was received from the reviewed item producer, trademark owner or any other institution, related with the item reviewed. The site is not responsible for the mistakes made. 1624021432050528/k2311a0224/2.24.11