Comcast Loganville, Ga  » Business  »
0.5
Loganville, Ga 30052
  • When I called a few days ago to ask about the problem I was told they were working on their system in my area, and should have the problem resolved soon
  • In my opinion, this company should be scrutinized by the state, county, city, FCC, or perhaps the Umpires Association

• by Distgusted

Comcast promises to provide service to it’s telephone customers within 24 hours if their service is out. Like everything else they promise, this is a lie! All week long my phone and internet have been off and on. Thursday and Friday it was out all day. When I called a few days ago to ask about the problem I was told they were working on their system in my area, and should have the problem resolved soon.

As of today, Saturday, Feb. 20, I have been completely without phone and internet service for 3 days, which makes me think they fixed the problem of it sometimes cutting off by making totally useless. Meanwhile, all I get from Comcast is

false promises and lies.

Thursday, they told my partner they would come out to fix the problem with the internet on Saturday. I called back and spoke to Angela. I told her we have no phone service or internet, and asked if she would please send someone out sooner.

She said that Comcast will be out here later that day or the next, and that I would hear from them by next morning. She told me that they guarantee service for telephone outages within 24 hours. She gave me an “Escalation Number”.

When no one called, I called them Friday just before noon. They had me on IGNORE for a half hour. Finally they told me that service ...

• was scheduled for Sunday, the 20th.

I guess the “escalation number” is how many people they escalated the frustration in that day. I spoke to a supervisor, whose name I did not get because I was totally disgusted by then. He promised to call me on my cell phone to inform me if he could get someone out here faster.

That didn’t happen. He insisted that were all booked up until Sunday, and frankly, I felt like all he wanted to do for me was get rid of me. By dumb luck, I tried the internet tonight, and was able to get on after a few tries, making it possible to submit this review.

I don’t know if

it will keep working. The worst part is, they must have paid someone BIG BUCKS to keep competitors out of the area where I live. I have no viable alternatives, so in effect they have a monopoly.

This is unfair and appalling to me. In my opinion, this company should be scrutinized by the state, county, city, FCC, or perhaps the Umpires Association! Someone! They constantly raise rates without notice, they are rude when you call customer service, and they have incompetent help. If I didn’t love my house and my surroundings, I would move to somewhere I could get decent service!

I have written a similar complaint to the Georgia Public Service Commission.

I hope they will act on this.

The review was published as it's written by reviewer in February, 2011. The reviewer certified that no compensation was received from the reviewed item producer, trademark owner or any other institution, related with the item reviewed. The site is not responsible for the mistakes made. 4123021431990228/k2311a0223/2.23.11