Vitress Instant Relax Cuticle Coat  » Cosmetics  »
  • Like any sensible girl, I have tried various solutions to my problem
  • Nonetheless, I bought it, if only to find out whether its claim had truth in it
  • Also, I think it is best to follow the instructions as to how little of the product you should put on your hair

• by notebooker

I have dry semi-wavy hair, I live in a tropical country, and I go out a lot during the day, so imagine how much frizziness I have to fight off every single day.

Like any sensible girl, I have tried various solutions to my problem. In my bathroom, I have an arsenal of shampoos, conditioners, and intensive treatment products all designed to combat frizz.

Of course, I cannot, take a shower every time my hair feels rough due to too much humidity in the air, and even if I could, I am sure that this would dry out my hair even more.

So one day, while I was

looking for new nail polish shades, I chanced upon Vitress Instant Relax Cuticle Coat. I was intrigued about the product since it claims to flatten unruly, wavy hair. I was, however, turned off a bit by the price since it is a bit costly for such a small bottle.

Nonetheless, I bought it, if only to find out whether its claim had truth in it.

I tried the product immediately after I got home on my dry hair. The product felt like baby oil, but had a thicker consistency, and I was worried that it would make my hair feel greasy.

I discovered that it made my hair look ...

• shiny and feel smooth, although it did not really flatten it or give it it an “instant relax” as the package says. Perhaps it is because I already have wavy hair to begin with.

I also tried the product on wet hair, and it had almost the same smoothing, shine-enhancing effect as when I used it on dry hair. I do prefer to use it, however, on dry hair because the effect is more noticeable.

What I do not like about Vitress Instant Relax Cuticle Coat, however, is that the effect does not stay very long on your hair and you cannot keep reapplying because your hair will

feel a little greasy, as mine did, though not as greasy as when I had once used baby oil for the same effect.

Also, I think it is best to follow the instructions as to how little of the product you should put on your hair. I once put too much and it weighed down my hair and lessened volume, which make my hair look unnatural.

I keep using this product to make frizz especially when I am on the go, but I am still on the lookout for others that will make my hair feel smooth for a longer period of time, as well as one which costs cheaper.

The review was published as it's written by reviewer in February, 2011. The reviewer certified that no compensation was received from the reviewed item producer, trademark owner or any other institution, related with the item reviewed. The site is not responsible for the mistakes made. 3123021431980228/k2311a0223/2.23.11