Sennheiser HD205 Headphones  » Electronics  »
  • I recently wanted to get new headphones to use with my laptop, and I decided to go for the Sennheiser HD 205
  • However, after I was done, I was extremely impressed
  • It is a drawstring bag and I was very impressed by it, though I was a bit disappointed by it because it was not very large so the headphones cable often got tangled when I put it in the case
  • I found the sound quality of these headphones to be reasonable
  • They are not an amazing pair of headphones by a long shot but for £35 I think they offer a lot more in terms of quality than what you pay for

• by tolstoy

I recently wanted to get new headphones to use with my laptop, and I decided to go for the Sennheiser HD 205. I bought it at amazon for £35.

My first impressions of this product were bad. It took me nearly half an hour to unpack the headphones. However, after I was done, I was extremely impressed. It came with a lot of extras that made me proud to have made the purchase. For example, it has an adapter which allows it to be used on multiple formats. It also came with a neat case to hold the headphones. It is a small pouch that has a leather look to

it, and the headphones fit in it snugly. It is a drawstring bag and I was very impressed by it, though I was a bit disappointed by it because it was not very large so the headphones cable often got tangled when I put it in the case. Although the case was handy for traveling, I generally don’t like having such luggage with me when I’m traveling.

I found the sound quality of these headphones to be reasonable. Before buying them, I read several reviews about them and most people say that it has very good bass, but personally I would have preferred it if the bass was improved. I use my iPod touch on ‘treble booster’ EQ, meaning that it produces heavy bass. When I then use these headphones on this iPod, I find that they handle the bass poorly when compared to my older headphones which were also from Sennheiser. Apart from the bass issue, I find these headphones to be of exceptional quality, and they produce very clear sound. In order to get loud sound from them, I usually have to push my iPod’s sound to 75% which usually drains the iPod. The headphones have retractable ear cups meaning that you can easily move one of the cups, for example when talking to someone. This ...

• Sennheiser HD205 Headphones
      feature, I think, would make them suitable for DJ work. I love the fact that these earphones keep out a lot of noise from the outside, though when listening to loud music people usually hear it and and several times people close to me have asked me to turn them down.

I did not find these earphones particularly comfortable, though part of the problem in this case may be down to me. I find the ears very comfortable when I first put them on my ears but after some time my ears usually get hot and I then have to remove them for a little while. The headphones are not

tight, and they give a lot of room for movement. My main problem when it comes to comfort is that whenever I use them they usually clamp down over my specs thus making it a bit uncomfortable when I adjust them.

In my opinion, these headphones look very professional. However, compared to other headphones such as ‘Dre’ or ‘Skullcandy’, I find that these don’t match up to those standards.

Overall, I think the value for money for this headphones is exceptional. They are not an amazing pair of headphones by a long shot but for £35 I think they offer a lot more in terms of quality than what you pay for.

The review was published as it's written by reviewer in February, 2011. The reviewer certified that no compensation was received from the reviewed item producer, trademark owner or any other institution, related with the item reviewed. The site is not responsible for the mistakes made. 1623021431940228/k2311a0223/2.23.11