Philips GoGear Vibe MP3 Player  » Electronics  »
  • I chose dark gray because I found it easy on my eyes
  • I would recommend this Mp3 player to anyone who is fond of listening to music on the go

• by Alvin Abraham

Philips GoGear Vibe MP3 was one of the finest MP3 players I have ever owned. I had brought it about a year and half back and just discontinued using it a recently. It had cost me $ 110. It had LCD screen and a total capacity of 8GB, and it was designed somewhat in the shape of a square. It was compact and I could literally hide it in my fist.

It had a black glossy finish which was highly prone to starches because of which I had got it laminated for $8. Along with d classy looking MP3 player, a small software CD, a USB connecting wire to connect to my PC

and an earphone came in the box. At the bottom of the MP3 was a standard 3.5mm socket, a socket for putting in the tag and a standard USB socket. The earphone had soft rubber earbuds that let would let me to enjoy music in comfort. A soft rubber cap was encapsulated in each earbud, and would gently adjust to the shape and size of my ear.

Its resolution was fine as per Mp3 standards. It supported nearly every media file format such as MP3, WAV, WMA, FLAC and APE, and also had software to convert most of the formats to the formats it supported. The screen came in three color schemes; they ...

• were red, yellow and dark gray. I chose dark gray because I found it easy on my eyes.

There were four tiny icons placed below the display on a single piece panel. For me the button interface was really disappointing but the software interface really made up for it. The volume control was on the right side similar to what i saw in most of the cellphones these days. It used to display an option when I used to connect the Mp3 to my PC, which was of charge and play or charge and transfer, if i didn’t select anything it would automatically open up like a usual pen drive. The Mp3 would

automatically into charge-mode when it was connected to the computer. The navigation was handy. I liked its voice recording feature because other than playing music or listening to radio, I could also record notes or reminders of my work. Its sound quality was very good. It also came with FM radio and reception, but it was really disappointing because it could never or say rarely catch the radio station frequency that I wanted.

In conclusion, I really liked it. I no longer use it because I have a smartphone and it does the work of an Mp3 too. I would recommend this Mp3 player to anyone who is fond of listening to music on the go.

The review was published as it's written by reviewer in February, 2011. The reviewer certified that no compensation was received from the reviewed item producer, trademark owner or any other institution, related with the item reviewed. The site is not responsible for the mistakes made. 1623021431870228/k2311a0223/2.23.11