Dove Beauty Moisture Foaming Facial Cleanser for Normal to Dry Skin  » Cosmetics  »
  • So during a recent drugstore browsing session, I noticed this cleanser, and being a Dove Body Bar fan, I decided to give this a try
  • I like rich lathers, so I tend to use a bit of extra product
  • So I wouldn’t say this cleanser is my favourite cleanser or that I’m loving it
  • I don’t think I’d repurchase this again or recommend this to anyone

• by ani

I have pretty oily and acne prone skin, especially during the summer when my skin in pretty much swimming in oil. In the winter, the oil production seems to be quite low and sometimes I even feel my skin to be taut and kind of dry, which I don’t think is a very good sign as I seem to lose the usual elasticity of my skin as it feels rather tough and scaly. I had recently run out of my usual oil zapping cleanser and thought I should switch it up with a moisturizing cleanser instead in order to not completely dry my skin out. So during a recent drugstore browsing session, I noticed this cleanser, and being a Dove Body Bar fan, I decided to give this a try.

This cleanser comes in a tube

format where one has to open the cap and squeeze product out to access it. It is a pretty big tube, with 200 ml of product inside, and I did not pay too much for it, about $5 as I got it on sale, so I am pretty happy about the price point. The product itself is white in colour and appears to be quite creamy too, which I guess is the moisturizing factor in this cleanser. The product is quite hard actually, just the physical texture and appearance of it. I don’t know if this has to do with me living in a cold country where the temperature is sub zero or if it is the product itself but it comes out of the tube in a very hard straight form. It is not ...

• a bad thing and it does not feel hard to the touch, nor does it make any difference to the usage of the product, but thought I should mention this.

To use this product, I pre-wet my face with some water. Then I squeeze some product out onto my palm and add a few drops of water to it and rub it in between my palms to make it foamy. This product lathers extremely well and the more product you use, the richer the lather will be. I like rich lathers, so I tend to use a bit of extra product. I then proceed to rub the lather all over my face in an upward circular motion until I have covered my entire face. I massage for a minute and then I wash it all

off with water. Then I dry my face with a towel in a patting motion.

I don’t think I completely like this cleanser. It is simply alright. I don’t really think it moisturizes very well as my skin doesn’t feel any more moisturized than when I was using an oil removing cleanser. It actually even feels slightly drier, but this could also be due to the cold dry weather I live in and winter. But that means this cleanser did not do anything to my skin, which is kind of disappointing. So I wouldn’t say this cleanser is my favourite cleanser or that I’m loving it. It is a normal cleanser and there is no great feature about it that blows my mind away or anything. I don’t think I’d repurchase this again or recommend this to anyone.

The review was published as it's written by reviewer in February, 2011. The reviewer certified that no compensation was received from the reviewed item producer, trademark owner or any other institution, related with the item reviewed. The site is not responsible for the mistakes made. 3123021431810128/k2311a0223/2.23.11