Russel Hobbs 10818 Toaster  » Housewares  »
  • I bought a Russell Hobbs T10818 toaster roughly 6 years ago
  • I £35 for it, which in my opinion is a good price for a toaster, since I didn't want to get a cheap one that would stop working after a few months
  • I love the way this toaster has been designed
  • However, I don't have too much of a problem with it and I just got used to it
  • This toaster served me for a solid five years, and I think this means that it really was meant to be durable

• by tolstoy

I bought a Russell Hobbs T10818 toaster roughly 6 years ago. I £35 for it, which in my opinion is a good price for a toaster, since I didn’t want to get a cheap one that would stop working after a few months. I usually have toast every day for breakfast, and therefore require a toaster that can be used frequently without causing me problems. Over time, this Russell Hobbs Toaster has proven that it can.

I love the way this toaster has been designed.

It is chrome everywhere apart from its upper edges on either side. Its upper edges are colored black, and one of these edges houses the lever which is pushed down to lower bread into the toaster. The word TOAST is engraved along the front and back of the toaster in huge capital letters. I am very apprehensive about this, I find it a bit too much and would have preferred that it didn’t have that. However, I don’t have too much of a problem with it and I just got used to it. The power lead for this toaster is two feet long, which is sufficient for me as I require it to reach around the back of my microwave oven and into the power outlet while keeping a bit of slack.

One thing about this toaster that I don’t like is that it has no cancel button which I think would be useful for releasing the toast early when you have the dial on the wrong setting. I ...

• Russel Hobbs 10818 Toaster
      have gotten the setting wrong several times, and I usually just turned off the mains switch and the toast popped up. I found the toaster’s slots to be wide and quite long, which I think is brilliant since I usually make toast from thick slices of bread and most other toasters I have used have turned out to be far too small.

I really loved this toaster; it lasted very long and did its job very well. However, it eventually got too old and I

had to replace it. Towards the end of its life, bread kept getting stuck on the toaster and as a result most of the time the toast used to burnt. This toaster served me for a solid five years, and I think this means that it really was meant to be durable. I got a new toaster recently, but sadly it doesn’t work as well as this one. I miss the Russel Hobbs, and I am in the process of getting yet another toaster of the same kind.

The review was published as it's written by reviewer in February, 2011. The reviewer certified that no compensation was received from the reviewed item producer, trademark owner or any other institution, related with the item reviewed. The site is not responsible for the mistakes made. 5323021431740128/k2311a0223/2.23.11