Battlefield Heroes  » Games  »
  • Therefore, I think it's safe to say that one of the main objectives is to stay alive, although you will die a lot, especially when you just start
  • The damage you do counts as your experience points and you need those to level up

• by apathykills

I wouldn’t say I am a hardcore gamer nor that I’m a big fan of EA Games, but I really fell in love with EA’s Battlefield Heroes.

If you’re not familiar with the game, you can find out all about it at www.battlefieldheroes.com To be honest I first installed this to overcome my World of Warcraft addiction. And it totally worked! I was watching some WOW videos on YouTube and following a link after another I got to see the trailer for Battlefield Heroes. The game play didn’t seem complicated, the graphics were really cute and cartoons-like, the game was free of charge with no tricks behind that, the download was fast and didn’t eat

up much hard drive space.

So I created an account quickly, logged in the game (you can only launch it from Mozilla or IE) and created my first hero: a commando (probably because I still missed my WOW rogue). The game started soon after and with it, the fun.

The game play is really fast to catch, there are three classes of heroes: the commando, the gunner and the soldier. I have tried them all and commando is my undisputed favorite, seconded by the soldier. I don’t really like the gunner, as I’m not a big fan of RAMBO movies (the character will totally remind you of those horrid movies).

The objective of the game -aside ...

• from having fun making new friends online and killing them (virtually)- is to help your side - the Nationals or the Royals- to win each round. Each round ends, depending on the map, either after one team was in control of the rocket for 5 minutes, either after one team manages to get a kill count of 50. Therefore, I think it’s safe to say that one of the main objectives is to stay alive, although you will die a lot, especially when you just start. That happens because heroes aren’t created with the same features and the game has a leveling system. The damage you do counts as your experience points and you need those to
        level up. Once you leveled up to the next even level (2,4,6,etc.) you receive an ability point which you can use to upgrade one of your skills. The better you know how to manage your points, the stronger your character will be, therefore the more popular and important you will be for the game. Your team mates will love you!

What else could I add? It’s a thrilling online sensation and you’re really losing something if you haven’t tried it. I don’t play so much lately because of college and work, but once I get a few days off, I spend several and i mean SEVERAL (10+) hours continuously playing this game.

So get your ass online and try it!

Battlefield Heroes

The review was published as it's written by reviewer in February, 2011. The reviewer certified that no compensation was received from the reviewed item producer, trademark owner or any other institution, related with the item reviewed. The site is not responsible for the mistakes made. 2823021431250128/k2311a0223/2.23.11