Fuel For Life Denim Collection by Diesel for Her
  • I think the marketing for this is fantastic as it totally suits the image down to a tee
  • I was pleasantly surprised to find that though this is classed as a 'floral' based scent due to it's Jasmine heart I found it to not be too feminine and is balanced out perfectly by not only the top notes but the woodier base notes
  • It's sweet and succulent whilst having that tang to not make it too sweet and is just a perfect opening note in my opinion
  • The woody notes (whatever they may be though I thought I could detect musk

• by ticktock

I work part time in a perfume store so was very excited to get my hands on this for testing: Fuel For Life Denim Collection for her by Diesel. This is a new edition to the Diesel collection aimed at release to coincide with Summer 2011 so I felt very privileged to be able to be able to get my own bottle for personal use well before it’s launch date.

I am a big fan of Diesel fragrances as I find them very casual and down to earth and basically very wearable, so I had incredibly high expectations about this before I had even tried it. This will be available in sizes 50ml and 75ml though I have

the smaller 50ml for reviewing purpose information but let me just state that the packaging the fragrance comes in doesn’t alter at all and is identical.

Speaking of which the fragrance comes housed in an upright standing glass bottle, it is predominantly blue and white in slightly sparkling denim design with a basic gold coloured cap finishing off the proceedings. What caught my eye straight away is the fact the bottle has a ‘denim’ appearance and can also be removed by ‘undressing’ the bottle; I think the marketing for this is fantastic as it totally suits the image down to a tee. Whilst the bottle is quite basic shape wise, the distressed denim appearance makes up for what

it may lack at in looks and gives it a classy yet very street look giving the impression this is probably aimed at the younger audience.

The fragrance itself is made up from:

Top notes~ *Raspberries

Heart notes~ *Jasmine

Base notes~ *Woody notes *Grey amber

My thoughts on this fragrance: I was pleasantly surprised to find that though this is classed as a ‘floral’ based scent due to it’s Jasmine heart I found it to not be too feminine and is balanced out perfectly by not only the top notes but the woodier base notes. The first thing I am aware of when applying this to my skin is the obvious fruity top notes of raspberries. It’s sweet and succulent whilst having ...

• Fuel For Life Denim Collection by Diesel for Her
      that tang to not make it too sweet and is just a perfect opening note in my opinion.

The heart of jasmine works so well with the raspberry that it develops into a deeper fragrance without being too intoxicating. The jasmine is very obvious but doesn’t dominate and leaves a delicate floral fragrance without it being too flowery which can happen.

What I am left with on my skin is a much deeper, earthy scent. The woody notes (whatever they may be though I thought I could detect musk?) and grey amber are responsible for creating a heady scent whereas without them this would be too sweet. Even after the scent has settled on my skin I could still

detect the raspberries used in the top notes several hours later and found in general he fragrance didn’t fade over time much so it certainly has staying power.

I would suggest this is probably more suited to the younger market of under 30 at least, though there is no reason why a lady in their forties couldn’t get away with wearing it given the right circumstances. This is best suited for daytime use in my opinion as I have found it to suit my mood much more during the daytime but it really is up to the individual when they prefer to wear it.

I would say overall this is a fantastic fragrance for the younger female but not for the older generation.

re : The woody notes (whatever they may be though I thought I could detect musk
We wear denims on an everyday basis and I think this image perfectly suits that

re : The woody notes (whatever they may be though I thought I could detect musk
I loved the floral scent but the woody base that lasts for days is actually absolutely wonderful

re : The woody notes (whatever they may be though I thought I could detect musk
This is a perfume for grown women alright. Something that is so sophisticated whilst also feminine. It definitely makes one stand out

re : The woody notes (whatever they may be though I thought I could detect musk
A very minimal bit of musk that makes the fleeting floral scent much more attractive

The review was published as it's written by reviewer in February, 2011. The reviewer certified that no compensation was received from the reviewed item producer, trademark owner or any other institution, related with the item reviewed. The site is not responsible for the mistakes made. 5622021430580528/k2311a0222/2.22.11