Banquet Frozen Dinner Turkey with mashed potatoes and peas
  • The normal daily price is $1.15 but I found it on sale for
  • It was not real fresh turkey but I enjoyed the flavor
  • I do recommend this to others and I plan on buying it again

• by mamjess

I purchased this frozen dinner, what would have been called a “tv dinner” when I was a kid out of a fit of nostalgia. My husband was out of town and I wanted to relive a taste from my youth. The brand I remember from childhood did not carry this meal anymore, but Banquet did so I purchased this from them.

This meal was very reasonably priced at my local store. The normal daily price is $1.15 but I found it on sale for .88. At that price I cannot believe I could

get a whole meal. For that .88 I got 7 grams of fat and 300 calories and 2 slices of turkey, one slice white meat the other dark meat, a bin of peas and a bin of mashed potatoes.

I chose to go with the microwave option for cooking this meal. The meal came out perfect in the time recommended. Their directions worked excellently. I did not find the meat to be overcooked by using the microwave versus the oven at all.

My stuffing which was under the turkey ended up being soggy.

• It did not taste fantastic. The gravy on the turkey and the stuffing was thin, but had a good flavor. It could have been thicker for my taste.

The turkey was not fatty and I did not get any pieces of fat or gristle in my meal. The turkey seemed to be of a processed variety. It was not real fresh turkey but I enjoyed the flavor. I normally do not like dark meat but I found the flavor to be quite nice on both pieces.

My mashed potatoes were excellent. The

texture was closer to real mashed potatoes versus instant. I liked them quite a bit. They did not have a lot of flavor but I very much enjoyed them.

The peas that came with this meal were very nice. They tasted exactly like all frozen peas. They were plump and green and I enjoyed them.

I do recommend this to others and I plan on buying it again. You get what you pay for. If you want more food you will need to spend more, but for .88 I could not ask for more.

The review was published as it's written by reviewer in February, 2011. The reviewer certified that no compensation was received from the reviewed item producer, trademark owner or any other institution, related with the item reviewed. The site is not responsible for the mistakes made. 2722021430570528/k2311a0222/2.22.11