Samsung SD/ SDHC Camcorder
  • If you tell me to tell you a camcorder brand, the first thing I think of is Sony
  • I’m fine with this bit as the camcorder isn’t really big and I don’t experience much weight
  • Inside the box, I found the camcorder of course, a lithium battery, A/V cable, CD instruction manual, USB cable, and the hand strap
  • This problem could be solved with a bigger screen

• by MisterTickle

The Samsung SD/ SDHC Camcorder is bright red colour. The price of this is almost $170, $169.99 to be exact. The price is reasonable. Compared to the price of other camcorders, this Samsung is well priced. I’m the type of person that shops by brand. I’m not used to getting a Samsung branded video camcorder. If you tell me to tell you a camcorder brand, the first thing I think of is Sony. The reason: they are reliable and just about never fail out on you. The navigation is really easy to use.

If you’re hoping for a camcorder that is small in size, the Samsung may be just for you. I can clearly see that this Samsung is not one of those big camcorders that make your arms tired halfway through filming. However, the Samsung isn’t like the Xacti or the Flip Video camcorders. Those camcorders can fit inside your pocket. This Samsung camcorder is somewhere in between. This means that you still need to this camcorder in the camcorder case. I’m fine with this bit as the camcorder isn’t really big and I don’t experience much weight.

Let’s start at the beginning. Inside the

box, I found the camcorder of course, a lithium battery, A/V cable, CD instruction manual, USB cable, and the hand strap. The stuff that’s included along with the camcorder are pretty straight forward. You need a battery because you do not want to have a power cord dangling around you and following you wherever you may be. The AC adaptor is for charging the battery. The hand strap is a precaution. If you accidently let go of the camcorder for whatever reason, you have a good chance that your camcorder will be OK because of strap. The CD instruction manual is for you to understand how your camcorder works. The Samsung camcorder has a lot of features including night recording, zooms, and other features.

The manual itself isn’t too hard to follow. The first time I played the CD, the camcorder was in the box. I just kind of listened and took in the steps to using the camcorder. It wasn’t very helpful. I find it easier to understand if you have the camcorder right out in front of you and then you follow along with the disc. The manual explains some very basic such as power ...

• on/ off, and camcorder care. It goes over how you should clean the lenses and screen. It talks very little on filming and it doesn’t give many tips. Overall, the manual was easy enough to follow. I didn’t have any major difficulties or issues so that’s good.

The actual filming is pretty amazing. I’m not sure whether or not I’m filming is in HD (high definition), but it looks pretty good. I will talk about this “HD” and my thoughts a bit later. This camcorder has a 2.7 inch view screen. This is listed in the product specifications so that’s where you can refer back to the screen size. I find the 2.7 inch view screen a bit too small. When I’m filming straight forward, I can see what I’m capturing by what’s on the screen. However, for performances, I have to raise the camcorder to capture what’s on the stage. In a way, the camcorder is almost sitting on the head of the person in front of me. Now is where I have some trouble with the screen size. This is where I have some trouble seeing what I’m filming. The angle is really weird

and awkward. Not only that, but it’s also very hard to see what’s on the screen. This problem could be solved with a bigger screen.

I mentioned the HD filming. I’m not sure whether or not this is in HD, but I have a doubt. If this camcorder filmed in HD, where is the HDMI cable? It comes with the A/V cable which is the cable with the three prongs for sound and picture. However, to view videos in HD quality, the HDMI cable is used. When I got a Blu-ray player, the sales person insisted that I should get the HDMI cable as well. Now, I can see why. However, I’m not sure about this camcorder. I do not know why it does not have it. Could it be that it’s only my box or all the camcorder boxes? I have contacted support through email as I cannot get hold of the support team on phone. I’m just waiting now. In the meantime, I have to say that this camcorder is decent. HD or not, the filming quality is pretty good. The instructions are very easy to follow. I had no major problems when following the manual.

The review was published as it's written by reviewer in February, 2011. The reviewer certified that no compensation was received from the reviewed item producer, trademark owner or any other institution, related with the item reviewed. The site is not responsible for the mistakes made. 1622021430400428/k2311a0222/2.22.11