PBJ In A Package  » Food  »
  • Now I buy these sandwiches whenever I know I'm going to need a quick meal or snack in the car
  • One disadvantage is that they are pretty small, and only four sandwiches come in a box

• by Angel Mann
      When I first heard about Uncrustables, the thought that came to my mind was, “Packaged PBJ sandwiches? How stupid! I can make my own PBJ sandwiches!” But then one day, I was in a big hurry… I had to leave straight from work, pick up my children, and take them to an overnight activity. We didn’t have time to make or stop for dinner. So the night before, I ended

up buying several boxes of Uncrustables. I got one box of grape PBJ, one box of strawberry PBJ, and one box of grilled cheese!

My kids devoured them in the car! (And so did I!) They loved the novelty of the round, crustless sandwiches that look sort of like little pies! The kids all agreed that their favorite was the grape jelly kind, although I liked the strawberry ones. Nobody ...

• really liked the grilled cheese… but that may have been because they are supposed to be microwaved, and we didn’t have a microwave in the car!

Now I buy these sandwiches whenever I know I’m going to need a quick meal or snack in the car! They’re cheaper and healthier than a fast food place, and just as much fun. One disadvantage is that they are pretty small, and only

four sandwiches come in a box. My older kids could probably each eat two boxes of sandwiches singlehandedly, if I let them! However, the size was perfect for my 3-year-old. Also a great snack to keep around the house… if you’re hungry before bed or before dinner, just grab one! It will kill your hunger pain, but it won’t spoil your appetite for dinner or make you too full to sleep!

The review was published as it's written by reviewer in March, 2007. The reviewer certified that no compensation was received from the reviewed item producer, trademark owner or any other institution, related with the item reviewed. The site is not responsible for the mistakes made. 273103143040931/k2311a0331/3.31.07