Elizabeth Arden Green Tea Compact Face Powder  » Cosmetics  »
2.5
  • When I held this Elizabeth Arden green tea compact powder for the first time, I thought it was an exact dupe (or perhaps the other way around) of a former face powder
  • I know, of course, that this product came from the EA’s “Green Tea” fragrance line, so I was excited to test it myself, since I love sniffing as much as I like to put makeup on my face
  • With my poor remarks of the product, I am forced not to recommend it, because of its mediocre quality, and partly for the questionable purpose of integrating a blusher which isn’t

• by jhunie

Allow me to vent out again my frustration with loose powders in pots, I don’t want to be stuck using pots to eternity. Blame it on the pot itself, which needs to be mechanically tilted for the powder to come out – the powder comes sifted and sits on the lid, either you get a lot, or you get nothing at all. I also hate having to open and close the entire thing. Alright, I’m done with that. So I considered slipping back to basics with face powders. I didn’t have to ask because my sister gave away some beauty products for me, a lot of Singapore imports and other samples. When I held this Elizabeth Arden green tea compact powder for the first time, I thought it was an exact dupe (or perhaps the other way around) of a former face powder: the Fashion 21 two-way cake, and what strongly reinforced my belief was that the latter also contained green tea. It’s a weird coincidence that I happened to have the two items subsequently.

Given the similarities of the mentioned products, I was bound to compare them, but I won’t digress into writing a face-off between the two.

I guess you can also call this one (Elizabeth arden) a two-way cake because it contains tiered pans inside. According to the packaging, the topmost powder is the foundation and the second pan is a blusher. I know, of course, that this product came from the EA’s “Green Tea” fragrance line, so I was excited to test it myself, since I love sniffing as much as I like to put makeup on my face.

I would identify this simply as a compact powder. It has a powdery finish (much like talc) even though it’s pressed powder and light for everyday use. Coverage is fluffier than most foundations. Hence, it differs from the fashion 21 cake foundation in that regard. If you denounce that “caked” look that’s common with thick foundations, this pressed powder might be for you. I applied the powder using the provided sponge inside (smells rubbery, very flexible and soft), and I liked that the powder looked buffed already, as if I employed a brush to disperse it. So this is really an instant fix without needing a brush.

I don’t want to over-think it, but I must add that the light texture seems unforgiving for my flawed skin.

• This is matte powder, and though that greatly helps, my acne scars were flatly visible. I didn’t like how it emphasized the naked texture of my skin. A focused stare at my image in the mirror tells me my fine lines are looking obvious in plain sight. Okay, this is not like foundation which sinks in upon wrinkled skin, but I wonder why that happens (makes me look old, oh no!). I observe that priming with moisturizer breaks that super flat coverage, an extra hint of shine is welcome, but not too much because I have oily skin.

At the very first time I tested the product, it was an evening out on a weekend, and a couple of hours had passed since I washed my face. I thought it demonstrated its ability to matte out my oily face very well. Ultimately however, the bad comes from the shade of the powder. There’s no indication stating the shade of the powder on the packaging and case. What’s sad is that this face powder makes me look dead. The shade is white; although the pan shows a cool ivory color. I hoped it was slightly translucent. My

fair skin was calling for a touch of color. That’s where I almost forgot about the second pan, which was labeled as the blusher. Comparing the 2 shades, the other one is a peg darker than the blusher; it’s very very subtle in difference. I applied the blusher and nothing’s changed. It fared just like the other pan. I was expecting the blushing shade to be a bit warmer, but it’s just plain beige. I don’t know what to call that “blusher” because it’s not a blusher (maybe it’s foundation), nor does it work like that of a contouring blush. It’s confusing.

The product has a powdery scent, it’s not a sharp green tea scent, but it smells slightly dusty and herbal, like tobacco, and sometimes, I can link the smell of it to lipsticks. I suppose the worst thing that could occur is getting breakouts. The powder didn’t break me out. I’ve been searching for the price of this online but it’s elusive. With my poor remarks of the product, I am forced not to recommend it, because of its mediocre quality, and partly for the questionable purpose of integrating a blusher which isn’t.

The review was published as it's written by reviewer in February, 2011. The reviewer certified that no compensation was received from the reviewed item producer, trademark owner or any other institution, related with the item reviewed. The site is not responsible for the mistakes made. 3122021430050428/k2311a0222/2.22.11