Rouge Dior Lipstick in Favori Red  » Cosmetics  »
  • I get creative whenever I hold a brush, and for applying the lipstick, I like to use it, since it allows me to fill in the lines of the lips
  • I think it gives a lovely shape to my lips
  • Dior’s rouge lip colors rank high on the lipstick front, and for that, I sincerely recommend

• by jhunie

I perused a copy of Nylon magazine last month to catch up on publications I have stacked in my table (that are now back issues). Gone were the days when I could devour more than one magazine in a single day; I have no time at all. I read a short scoop about red lipsticks and how it defined the classic look of a popular burlesque icon. Just in time for Valentine ’s Day, I dreamt of a red lipstick. I didn’t want a glossy, icky look, and the matte lipsticks I have – the closest in resemblance to a classic red lippie, often dry too early. I don’t believe in the luxury of shopping thru magazines’ product recommendations, as they’re unbelievably expensive, but that somewhat influenced my shopping choices, such as this Rouge Dior lipstick (paid by mom’s credit card).

I have not tried rouge dior lip colors before, but the feel of a dior lipstick, in general, binds them to a common denominator: rich texture. Even though, putting red lipstick is hard to get right, the softness of the rouge dior upon the lips almost makes it possible to swipe

directly like a lip balm. It gives a tad of control and is not so runny as lancome’s creamy lipsticks. It feels like they’ve really formulated some sort of waxes to amplify the richness of the texture. To stress further, I can feel its luscious creaminess even more after puckering up. The red lipstick left a filmy feeling, though I really loved how the lipstick came out; my lips appeared voluptuous and there were no streaky lines.

The key to applying this red lipstick is a good lip brush. Going back again to the texture, the lipstick has a creamy quality that paints well with a brush. I get creative whenever I hold a brush, and for applying the lipstick, I like to use it, since it allows me to fill in the lines of the lips. It enables me to outline the borders of the lips cautiously. I think it gives a lovely shape to my lips. I like to keep the brush stiff, so I can really make a sharp stroke or line, especially over the upper lip. I must warn you that the lipstick’s color comes ...

• out strong. I actually don’t fill my entire lips down to the very corners of the mouth, because I chicken out that the pigments might stretch too far. In other words, I just keep my lips looking petite, but bold. An important first step to prevent feathered lines is to buff the lips first by exfoliating. I use a lush lip scrub time and time again, because my mouth dries quite often.

For the shade, this one is named favori red. The photos online misrepresented the color (or probably my laptop’s dim display), I perceived it as a pure red shade. It later revealed to have lighter pinkish tones, which may look more saturated on darker lips, and thus, bluish. But it’s not exactly the classic rouge color that I was hankering over. This lipstick is all about the bold color, and not so much on glossy finishes, with a minimal luster. I don’t see shimmers and micro glitters in it too. The pigments show immediately after one or two passes. Well, I sometimes think this makes my lips brighter, like the coral hues. It pops on

daylight against a luminous face, which makes a good statement. It’s a red lipstick you can wear all dolled-up, or for casual walks. It’s good that I can wear this chic lipstick anytime, but I didn’t find it romantic for the occasion.

Putting aside the discrepancy on the shade, I note that it lasts a long time. This is very long wearing. I think that’s the buy-worthy quality of the lipstick. I didn’t see the pigments receding to the center of the lips after hours of wearing. The lipstick doesn’t dry out. The lipstick case is more practical and simple compared to the glass case of my old dior addict. It has the signature geometric lines etched all over the cover. The brilliant quality of this lipstick says a lot about rouge dior lip colors, and I hope I can someday afford to buy the other nude shades. Paying 29 dollars for it was a major splurge. Maybe this shade isn’t distinctly unique in my palette, but its lasting power cannot be duped! Dior’s rouge lip colors rank high on the lipstick front, and for that, I sincerely recommend.

The review was published as it's written by reviewer in February, 2011. The reviewer certified that no compensation was received from the reviewed item producer, trademark owner or any other institution, related with the item reviewed. The site is not responsible for the mistakes made. 3122021430040428/k2311a0222/2.22.11