Olay Age Defying Moisturizing Bar  » Cosmetics  »
  • My Experience and Opinion I honestly prefer moisturizing body bars than regular soaps
  • I prefer it because it gives extra moisture on my skin and in times when I am on a rush, I do not have to worry of not putting a lotion as it is enough to moisturize my skin without feeling dry and flaky
  • I bought this moisturizing bar for its age defying ability even though I am still young, but I was already on my twenties when I started using this bar, so using this must be reasonable enough for my age
  • I believe, however, that a continued use of this bar would make my skin maintain its youthfulness even if I get older
  • So, no, I would not buy this as of the moment unless I realize that this is the best moisturizing bar ever

• by hidge

The Product This soap is placed in a white box with a black and purple design.

This has a mild floral soapy scent that I really like.

This has a hard consistency but gets softer after number of times of usage.

The retail price for a 100-gram bar is around Php40 or almost US$1.

My Experience and Opinion I honestly prefer moisturizing body bars than regular soaps. I prefer it because it gives extra moisture on my skin and in times when I am on a rush, I do not have to worry of not putting a lotion as it is enough to moisturize my skin without feeling dry and flaky.

I bought this moisturizing bar for its age defying ability even though I am still young, but I was already on my twenties when I started using this bar, so using this must be reasonable enough for my age.

I rub

this on a wet face towel, form some bubbles, and then after that, I rub this gently on my skin. This foams really well on my skin, which I really like. This lives to its claim for being a moisturizing bar because indeed, this feels really moisturizing on my skin. I can feel it as soon as I rinse my body with water. Unlike ordinary soaps, this leaves a silky and moisturizing feeling on my skin even if I rinse it a few times. It feels like I showered my body with a lotion.

I also like that when I scratch my skin, it does not leave a white line which is supposed to be a sign for a dry skin. With this bar, I do not get any of that. This also feels very gentle on my skin. It makes my skin feeling hydrated, soft, smooth, and quite silky.

However,

• this moisturizing bar claims to improve the skin, making it look young in seven days. You might wonder how true could that be, right? Well, to start, I am still young with a young skin as well. I also have fair skin and is naturally smooth even before I started using this product. So, honestly, I did not see any difference on my skin after seven days since I started using this. I believe, however, that a continued use of this bar would make my skin maintain its youthfulness even if I get older.

I did not experience any allergic reaction or skin darkening from this moisturizing bar. Like I said, this feels very gentle and I did not get any stingy feeling from this unlike other bath soaps that I have used before.

The Bottom Line This is a nice moisturizing bar. It really does live to its claim for

being moisturizing as it really does make my skin feel moisturized, hydrated, soft, smooth, and silky. However, for its claim of improving or making the skin younger in seven days, that was not true, at least in my case. Probably, it would take more than seven days to see obvious results from this bar. I would definitely recommend this to ladies who prefer moisturizing beauty bars but I would not recommend this to some ladies who cannot tolerate the slippery feeling that this delivers.

Pros Affordable, truly moisturizing, mild, hydrates skin, and skin does not feel dry even without a lotion.

Cons This bar, due to its moisturizing contents, make this soggy and melt easily.

Would I buy this product again?

This is a good body bar but I am a type of a person who loves to explore other brands. So, no, I would not buy this as of the moment unless I realize that this is the best moisturizing bar ever.

Olay Age Defying Moisturizing Bar

The review was published as it's written by reviewer in February, 2011. The reviewer certified that no compensation was received from the reviewed item producer, trademark owner or any other institution, related with the item reviewed. The site is not responsible for the mistakes made. 3122021429960428/k2311a0222/2.22.11