Caress Pressed Powder  » Cosmetics  »
  • My Experience and Opinion To start off, Caress is a local cosmetic brand from the Philippines
  • I started to get serious acne problem, getting some large cystic ones
  • Before, I thought that it is better to get a shade darker than my natural skin color since that I noticed that it tends to be lighter once I apply it on my skin
  • However, I noticed that at the middle of the day, when I look in the mirror, my face starts to look dark and oily
  • Even though I had a bad experience from this product, I think this might work fine for other ladies with less sensitive or not-so sensitive skin because honestly, I really like the coverage of this pressed powder

• by hidge

The Product: The container is a black hard plastic compact with an attached mirror inside.

This has no strong scent.

This has a medium to full coverage depending on application.

The retail price for this is around Php60 or around US$1.40.

My Experience and Opinion To start off, Caress is a local cosmetic brand from the Philippines. They first established their name as one of the leading nail polish brands in our country. And later, they were able to manage to create a pressed powder. As for other cosmetics lipsticks, foundations, and others stuffs like that, I am not sure if they have it too. So far, I have only seen their pressed powders that offer different shades.

Honestly, I only started using pressed powder when I was in college. It must be surprising for most of you

ladies, but I was just confident enough on my skin before. I used to have clear and smooth skin until I encountered a lot of stress during my fourth year college. I started to get serious acne problem, getting some large cystic ones. That was the time that I had to leave my baby powder and start using pressed powders and foundation for better coverage.

I started slowly on mature cosmetics. So first, I started with this cheap pressed powder. Before, I thought that it is better to get a shade darker than my natural skin color since that I noticed that it tends to be lighter once I apply it on my skin. Being a total newbie about pressed powders, I picked the darkest shade which was Tan even if my natural complexion leans toward the fair shade.

When I reached home, I washed my face right away, wiped it dry, and excitedly tried this on. I used the powder puff that came with this. I had some acne scars at that time, and impressively, this was able to cover them almost perfectly considering that this is just a pressed powder. I put another thin layer to create a smoother and more flawless finish. Even though I got a Tan shade, it just matched my fair skin since as I have said, it seems to appear lighter when I applied it on.

I continued using this for a few months. However, I noticed that at the middle of the day, when I look in the mirror, my face starts to look dark and oily. The worst part, I thought I looked tired and ugly.

• Caress Pressed Powder
      I continued using this, thinking that it was just normal. Until one day, I decided to read some beauty forums and learned about the term “oxidize.” I learned that it is when the powder turns dark on the skin. From that moment, I realized that I got a mistake, big time, for choosing the tan shade. It might have looked good on first application but it just oxidizes on the skin of my face, making me look unnaturally dark.

I also noticed that I have been getting more cystic pimples since I used this. So from that moment, I decided to stop using this pressed powder. There is no way that I am going to go back on this no matter how nice its coverage. It is also odd that they did not put the ingredients in

any parts of the packaging, neither in the box nor in the compact.

The Bottom Line

In terms of coverage, this is totally impressive. However, it is a shame that this oxidizes too much that makes my face look oily, dark, and tired. I could have stick on this and just buy their lightest shade next time but the problem was, this aggravated my acne problem. Even though I had a bad experience from this product, I think this might work fine for other ladies with less sensitive or not-so sensitive skin because honestly, I really like the coverage of this pressed powder. It is so sad that I can no longer hold on to this since it causes me more acne.

Pros: Cheap and delivers medium to full coverage like a foundation.

Cons: Tends to oxidize and it aggravated my acne.

Would I buy this product again? No.

The review was published as it's written by reviewer in February, 2011. The reviewer certified that no compensation was received from the reviewed item producer, trademark owner or any other institution, related with the item reviewed. The site is not responsible for the mistakes made. 3122021429920428/k2311a0222/2.22.11