Careline Lip & Cheek Tint  » Cosmetics  »
  • My Experience and Opinion On my early years in college, when I did not have acne problems yet, I only used loose powder and this lip and cheek tint from Careline cosmetics
  • However, when I first used this, I thought that it was not giving any color and it felt watery
  • It could be really frustrating but later, I noticed that as this got older, it started to get thick and more pigmented
  • It is amazing that with the help of this tint, my lips stays red even after a full meal, which makes me conclude that this product is really long lasting
  • Cons This is not ideal for ladies with serious acne problem as it tends to emphasize the scars and pimples more due to its red tint

• by hidge

The Product The container is a hard plastic tube with a chrome-colored cap where the doe-foot applicator is attached. The tint itself is transparent red in color.

This has no particular or offensive scent.

This has an initial thin and watery consistency but as it gets older, it starts to get thick.

The retail price for this product is less than Php100 or around US$2.

My Experience and Opinion On my early years in college, when I did not have acne problems yet, I only used loose powder and this lip and cheek tint from Careline cosmetics. Careline cosmetic line is a Philippine cosmetic brand from Ever Bilena. This cosmetic line basically targets tweens and teen buyers.

This lip and cheek tint is on the

sheer side. I really did enjoy using this because it gives a natural reddish tint on my cheeks and lips. I even used this as an eye shadow, and it worked great too. However, when I first used this, I thought that it was not giving any color and it felt watery. I usually just press the doe-foot applicator on my cheeks once or twice and swirl it around my cheeks. However, on my initial usage of this, it took me around three to five dipping (inside the tube) and pressing to get the color on. It could be really frustrating but later, I noticed that as this got older, it started to get thick and more pigmented.

As the days went by, I only had to do two pressings on my cheeks and once on my lips to get a good color payoff. It actually seemed ironic to discover that this started crappy in quality and it got better to best as it got older compared to other cosmetic products that get crappier as they get older.

This lip and cheek tint may be cheap but this impressively lasts long. I only apply this once on my cheeks and lips in the morning and when I reach home and look at the mirror, this is still on. It may sound too exaggerated, but it really worked that way, at least on me.

It is amazing that with the help of this tint, my lips stays red even after ...

• Careline Lip &  Cheek Tint
      a full meal, which makes me conclude that this product is really long lasting. I also never experienced any allergic reaction from this product. However, ever since my adult acne started due to so much stress, I had to stop using this as it could emphasize my pimples even more and it also washes away my foundation and concealer.

The Bottom Line This is an amazing product for its cheap price. This could really compete for higher end cosmetic brands in terms of pigmentation and quality. I like that this feels light on the skin and it did not cause me pimples. This is really ideal for natural look in school or on days when you do not want to put on serious makeup

stuffs on your face. This is also a great way for young ladies to start with the makeup world if they do not feel confident enough to wear bold and loud colors yet.

Pros Cheap, gives a natural reddish tint, long lasting, feels light, and does not cause pimples.

Cons This is not ideal for ladies with serious acne problem as it tends to emphasize the scars and pimples more due to its red tint. This may also wash out the concealer and foundation and putting this on before those two would be useless as well. You might as well use a powder based blush instead of this.

Would I buy this product again?

As much as I want to, I can no longer buy and use this because of my acne scars and minor pimples.

Careline Lip & Cheek Tint

The review was published as it's written by reviewer in February, 2011. The reviewer certified that no compensation was received from the reviewed item producer, trademark owner or any other institution, related with the item reviewed. The site is not responsible for the mistakes made. 3122021429880428/k2311a0222/2.22.11