Ever Bilena Advance Concealer in Velvet Nude  » Cosmetics  »
1.5
  • I was able to buy this before for Php120 or for almost US$3 but I believe this could be a bit more expensive now
  • My Experience and Opinion Having adult acne leaves me painful and annoying acne scars too, so I started using foundation aside from my ordinary pressed powder
  • I decided to pick two concealers, one for my cousin and one for me
  • However, I noticed that this concealer is actually sheer and quite oily which I realized that it might cause me more pimples
  • Although, I think that can be reasonable as this one is on the sheer side rather than a full coverage

• by hidge

The Product The container is slim plastic tube with a black screw cap where the doe-foot applicator is attached.

This has no particular or offensive scent.

This has a creamy consistency and a little oily.

I was able to buy this before for Php120 or for almost US$3 but I believe this could be a bit more expensive now.

My Experience and Opinion Having adult acne leaves me painful and annoying acne scars too, so I started using foundation aside from my ordinary pressed powder. I needed it since that a simple pressed powder is not enough to cover my blemishes and scars.

One day, while my mom and I were on the mall, particularly in the cosmetic section, we decided to buy a gift for my female cousin. I suggested to my mom to buy her some makeup stuffs since that she is already a young lady anyway. We decided to choose Ever Bilena cosmetics as they seem to offer good-quality makeup lines for a very reasonable price. My

mom picked eyelash curler, clear mascara, lip and cheek tint, and this concealer for her. But, before we decided to pick the concealer, I tested it first and the sales lady helped me with it. She patted a small amount of concealer on my acne scar, and surprisingly, when I looked at the mirror, it covered my scar really well. At that moment, I was sold. I decided to pick two concealers, one for my cousin and one for me.

The next day before school, I decided to apply this on my acne scars. Due to the impressive result of their tester, I was confident enough to apply this on my bare face and followed it up with just pressed powder. However, I noticed that this concealer is actually sheer and quite oily which I realized that it might cause me more pimples. But then again, I already bought this, so I tried to make this work. The next day, I tried putting on my pressed powder first because ...

• I realized that my face would be a nicer canvas to put a concealer and the powder will be able to hold it better. As a result, my theory was right. This concealer worked better and stayed put and matte when I applied this after my powder. However, it does not seem to be opaque enough to make a decent coverage for my scars. I even tried putting another thin layer of powder on top of this after just to blend it on my skin, but I was just not satisfied by its coverage. And the worst part, this does not stay long too. As soon as my skin starts to oil up, this starts to wash away,leaving some uneven traces around my scars, most especially for my bumpy cystic acnes before.

Color wise, this is quite close to my natural skin color which is fair. Although, I think that can be reasonable as this one is on the sheer side rather than a full coverage.

Later, when I got

fed up by the poor coverage of this concealer, I decided to just use it under my eyes even if I do not have serious dark circles. Quite surprisingly, this works better that way as every time I look at the mirror, my face has a certain glow and freshness. I continued using this under my eyes and soon discovered that this has the tendency to crease even if I did not put too much.

I finally gave up with this concealer, and threw it away.

The Bottom Line This concealer may work fine for women with fewer blemishes on their faces. However, for ladies like me who needs more coverage, then this concealer is not for you. This is also not ideal for sensitive and acne-prone skin as this clearly has oil content. It is quite suspicious that there are no ingredients listed on this product.

Pros Affordable and brightens face when used under the eyes.

Cons Very sheer, oily, takes time to dry, does not last long, and it creases around the eyes.

Would I buy this product again?

No, thanks.

The review was published as it's written by reviewer in February, 2011. The reviewer certified that no compensation was received from the reviewed item producer, trademark owner or any other institution, related with the item reviewed. The site is not responsible for the mistakes made. 3122021429860428/k2311a0222/2.22.11