Vampire Weekend - White Sky (Song)  » Music  »
  • Unfortunately, I personally felt like Contra was an extremely poor follow up to Vampire Weekend’s self-titled debut record, but White Sky did manage to stand out as one of the better tracks on the record, although this isn’t saying all that much unfortunately
  • I would not recommend White Sky to a listener trying to get into Vampire Weekend, because they have much better, but I suppose it would be an average song for a listener to listen to if they were already familiar with Vampire Weekend, though one must understand that this track really isn’t as good as many of Vampire Weekend’s other tracks, particularly from the debut record

• by grimmy101

White Sky is a song by Vampire Weekend which appears on their second record, Contra. The song opens up with the very playful sound that I have come to associate with Vampire Weekend.

The vocals for the first verse come in with a fairly catchy vocal melody, but there doesn’t seem to really be any substance in terms of music to really back it up.

Though a drum pattern and a very subtle guitar part is behind

the vocal performance, they provide no real depth for the vocals.

As far as the chorus of the track, I find myself going back and forth with it.

On one hand, I feel like the vocal performance here fits with the general attitude and sound of Vampire Weekend, but sometimes I feel like it has an immature sound to it and just sounds ridiculous.

However, I tend to feel like it fits with Vampire Weekend and they ...

• pull it off, it’s really a part of the song that a listener would have to hear in order to understand what I mean by this.

Though White Sky certainly isn’t as catchy as many of Vampire Weekend’s other songs, it’s still an average track overall.

tracks on the record, although this isn’t saying all that much unfortunately.

I would not recommend White Sky to a listener trying to get into Vampire Weekend, because they have much better, but I suppose it would be an average song for a listener to listen to if they were already familiar with Vampire Weekend, though one must understand that this track really isn’t as good as many of Vampire Weekend’s other tracks, particularly from the debut record.

The review was published as it's written by reviewer in February, 2011. The reviewer certified that no compensation was received from the reviewed item producer, trademark owner or any other institution, related with the item reviewed. The site is not responsible for the mistakes made. 1422021429720328/k2311a0222/2.22.11